PDA

View Full Version : Cam belt snapped :-(

kneesparks
23-01-2013, 15:13
Just a little thread to say see ya as I won't be fixing the willy.
Iv just had new rear disc's and bearings (only done 200 miles!)
just cost me £200 to get a steering rack fitted (plus the cost of the rack) before Xmas. :upset2:
It needs the rear arches and drivers door doing, now the cam belt has snapped :upset2::sad:

So I'm thinking its time to sell it for parts. :-k
Dont want to but it's got to go now.
Ill put a list of parts in the breaking section but I'm unsure of prices.
I know the tuning parts like the 4-2-1 S/S manifold decays and chipped ecu will go easy, just a bit confused........

Vandella
23-01-2013, 15:23
im sorry to hear this mate, am truely gutted for u.
im sure u wont have many problems recouping much of the money which u have spent..
to jump on ur woe's, can i ask what manifold it is?

Wobba
23-01-2013, 15:56
Just replace the head with another and replace the cambelt, head gasket and head bolts...and while you are there, good time to clean the engine and coolant system.

Pistons will probably be okay.

kneesparks
23-01-2013, 16:12
It was only like 2-2.5 rpm when it snapped I was just pulling onto a junction only around 20mph but I knew it had snapped as you hear the valves hitting I pushed the clutch but too late by then.
The main problem is iv just been ripped off on another car that needs fixing!
I paid 6k for a corsa VXR as I found it drove sooooooo much nicer than the 197s I'd been looking at only for the engine to pop and in need of replacement ONLY 5 DAYS AFTER purchase. The plan was to restore the Williams but had to reinsure it again due to the VXRs death then the cam belt bust. Gutted but its got to go I need the money and space.

kneesparks
23-01-2013, 16:18
Tell me I should price things up for......

prowler 4-2-1 stainless steel manifold.....
magnex stainless cat back (not great condition but works fine).....
silenced decat
non silenced decat
gunner chipped ecu.
willy wheels one with paint coming off near centre cap (all 4 caps present)
the seats are mint! Door cards have cracked tho.
Ect ect

Vandella
23-01-2013, 16:30
do you have any pics of the manifold?

northy
23-01-2013, 16:44
same as a superspring manifold

kneesparks
23-01-2013, 16:55
No pics of anything yet. Just wondering on pricing of some parts.

Vandella
23-01-2013, 17:53
ill be interested in the manifold.. if u can cunger up a price.. i have no idea on what its worth..

@ Northy. What exhaust setup does ur cup car run out of curiosity...

p4cks
23-01-2013, 19:14
Just replace the head with another and replace the cambelt, head gasket and head bolts...and while you are there, good time to clean the engine and coolant system.

Pistons will probably be okay.

This x 100! It's not as catastophic as you might think. Although it's never happened to me, once you've broken it down there isn't that much work involved when comparing it with just getting rid of the whole car :(

FATBOY
23-01-2013, 22:18
sorry to hear mate. keep hold of it and put some wonga by to get it done in the not to distant future?

kneesparks
23-01-2013, 22:39
I'm just out of energy mate, this issue with the vxr blowing up iv now got to take the tosser to court and try and reclaime some of the money its taking to get a whole new engine fitted. Iv got 3 cars and they all not bloody working!