PDA

View Full Version : Which Clutch to go for??

lkcio86
19-01-2013, 12:47
Hi Guys, just about finished uprating the F7R that is soon to be going into my Williams, it has Piper 270 cams with verniers, Supersprint manifold, Hill Power ECU etc... Will be doing afew track days/ Drag strips with it, which clutch should i go for, power increase with them mods i would of thought is not that considerable so is the standard Valeo clutch still upto the job?? Cheers Liam

Pickering
19-01-2013, 14:38
I would go for helix paddle clutch or at least a uprated clutch such as black diamond etc

16v_paddy
19-01-2013, 14:40
Depends how you want it to drive really, the std clutch will be up to the job but anything uprated (pressure plate wise) will change how it drives. The most common "uprated" item is the R5 GTT clutch but some people don't like how snatchy it is & then again others like it & others like it with the soft pedal conversion fitted so it's a bit of a personal preference thing

16v_paddy
19-01-2013, 14:47
I would go for helix paddle clutch or at least a uprated clutch such as black diamond etc

Wouldn't waste my money on either of those tbh, paddle clutch is waaayyy overboard for a mildly tuned N/A F7R & black diamond is just overpriced tat, sachs valeo & LUK clutches for different cars such as the R5 & volvo 480 turbo are what you want as they've got different strength pressure plates and that's what makes them uprated over the std items.
Just to give you an idea, I'll be using a volvo 480 turbo clutch for my silly powered high compression itb'd monster engine

lkcio86
19-01-2013, 15:08
Hi Paddy, just to be certain, is the clutch your going to be using off a certain age volvo 480 turbo or are they all the same? Just found them on ebay brand new for £29.99, bargain

16v_paddy
19-01-2013, 15:30
I've seen the very same ones :lol: No idea why they're that cheap though & I smell a bit of a rat tbh, if it sounds too good to be true....................

I'd do some homework & confirm part numbers before buying and then double checking everything written on the box and the parts themselves before considering to fit as well

lkcio86
19-01-2013, 15:40
Yes i think i will do abit of digging, i will let you know what i find out

cliorod
20-01-2013, 01:47
Just to give you an idea, I'll be using a volvo 480 turbo clutch for my silly powered high compression itb'd monster engine
I agree with Paddy on this one.My itb'd high lift cammed rally car with ZF diff etc is currently running a std O/E Renault clutch and pressure plate after the well expensive 6 paddle clutch "throw its hand in":shock: before the Tour of Mull a couple of years ago.
Rod