PDA

View Full Version : Noob question regarding hoses

Pickering
14-01-2013, 23:39
Hi my question may be a daft one but I'm new to the Williams and wanting to know if there is any difference in hose kits for 1.8 and 2.0 as I'm looking for a samco hose kit for a 2.0 and can only find 1.8 kits :\ sorry if its a daft question but if someone could shed some light on the matter It would be great

Cheers Adam

16v_paddy
14-01-2013, 23:49
In a nutshell, they're exactly the same :winkey:

Pickering
14-01-2013, 23:54
In a nutshell, they're exactly the same :winkey:

Cheers matey didn't want to order a set and they be different lol I'm guessing that means the engine mounts are the same too ? Been looking at vibra-technics mounts and again can only find 1.8 sets lol

16v_paddy
15-01-2013, 01:19
The williams & the 1.8 valvers are pretty much exactly the same car to look at & the vast majority of the parts are the same between the 2 cars. In over simplified terms it's just that the suspension & cosmetic parts that are williams specific & you need to be mindful of that when looking for those sort of parts.

Pickering
15-01-2013, 01:35
The williams & the 1.8 valvers are pretty much exactly the same car to look at & the vast majority of the parts are the same between the 2 cars. In over simplified terms it's just that the suspension & cosmetic parts that are williams specific & you need to be mindful of that when looking for those sort of parts.

Thanks for the help and will keep that in mind cheers

Wobba
15-01-2013, 10:28
And the JC5 gearbox...and the engine...oh and ECU.

172lover
15-01-2013, 11:39
Just does your current coolant hose's have two pipes coming out of the oil filter.

If so just make sure the 1.8 hose's are the same :)

Pickering
15-01-2013, 19:17
Just does your current coolant hose's have two pipes coming out of the oil filter.

I will do matey iv ordered them now so will find out in 4-6 weeks lol

Pickering
15-01-2013, 19:18

Cheers so there's a lot the same then :lol:

stevie_b
15-01-2013, 20:01
No, those bits Wobba mentioned are the additional main differences.

Pickering
15-01-2013, 20:40
No, those bits Wobba mentioned are the additional main differences.

I read it wrong pmsl my bad lol

16v_paddy
15-01-2013, 20:56

Meh :yap::roll: My point is more about how they look identical and how they're fitted to the car so almost all the bits & bobs that hold it there are exactly the same between the 2 cars :tongue3:

No-one does silicone hoses for the non oil cooler cars & afaik all williams' do have the oil cooler so his should have that.

You'll also need to get this hose from renault, part no. 77 00 853 579 round about £12 iirc, it's the 2nd hose that comes off the oil cooler and it doesn't come with any of the silicone hose kits either.
Not sure if it applies to all the hose kits, but the set I fitted for someone, the std clips were too small so had to get a load of jubilee clips to do them all up.

When you come to fit them, flush every hole with a hosepipe 1st to get as much crap as possible out the system. Then once they're all fitted, fill it up with cheap crap coolant and take it for a drive, then drain it all & do the same again. Doing that will properly clear out all the crap which will then let you fill it back up with the proper type D coolant and it will stay clean :winkey:

Pickering
16-01-2013, 01:59
I'm not sure if the samco hose kit includes that hose but iv ordered all 3 kits for the Williams so I hope it is lol and the system has already been flushed twice and will be flushed again once hoses arrive and I was guessing I would need the jubilee clips as the silicone hoses tend to be thicker

16v_paddy
16-01-2013, 02:12
Knew I had a pic somewhere, the hose I mentioned above is this 1 here number 5

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/16v_paddy/2012/Dialogys%20pics/contents1.png

and here's the pic showing all of the hoses, no.14 is the 1 that you can't get in silicone

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/16v_paddy/2012/Dialogys%20pics/contents.png

Pickering
16-01-2013, 21:17
Cheers paddy, I will have to wait and see when the kits come and if its missing I will order the extra hose :)

cliokiz
17-01-2013, 10:10
Yeah as mentioned there's two different types of coolant hoses depending on if you have the stock oil/water heat exchanger or not

Not the end of the world if you get the wrong pipes, you can always pick up the parts to convert it either way