PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts...

Vandella
03-12-2012, 13:17
hey all, just wondering ifd its possible to change the engine mounts with as much still attached as possible.. think the gearbox one under the battery is on its way out as i have a creek when moving off and coming to a stop.. I thought the creek was the top mounts which i have had replaced last week.. but the noise is still there.. unless it sounds like another issue anyone knows of.. and also can the additional 4th mount be put in with out too much trouble?
thanks peeps!!

stevie_b
03-12-2012, 16:47
Yes, you should be able to install the fourth mount without too much trouble, same as the lower mount (dogbone). I changed all mine when I had the engine out but I would imagine that both upper mounts could be done with the engine still technically in the car but you may need a hoist to lift it to a position where you have clearance on whichever side you are doing to remove the old and fit the new.

Vandella
04-12-2012, 12:36
thank you mate, that sounds like what i was hoping to hear!!

16v_paddy
04-12-2012, 20:24
No need for a hoist, a jack will do the trick :winkey:

To do the box mount all you need to do is support the weight with the jack and you'll be able to remove the battery tray etc very easily. The mount on the drivers side requires the engine to be lifted a little bit as it makes it a little bit easier to go back together

Vandella
05-12-2012, 11:36
cheers chaps, do u think it could be the engine mounts that need to be looked at.. i do have an issue of the arb looking abit out of shape.. my engine/gearbox is quite close to the subframe on the passengers side.. n it does slope down towards the passenger side if you were to look accross the top of the engine bay...