PDA

View Full Version : Twisted ARB????

Vandella
29-11-2012, 15:27
hi chaps,
this could be an odd one or it could have happend to others..
basically im having front bearing done and the top mounts too.. my mechanic has said that the arb appers to be twisted..goin up (compressing the spring and strut) on the driver side and going down (pulling apart the spring and strut) on the passengers side.. n

ow ive had a new arb, wishbones in march as i had my gearbox overhauled so they took the engine completely out at the time i had valver arb and wishbones on..

when i bought the willy arb it sat nice and straight/level on my floor inside the house.. the springs and shocks were replaced last summer but the wishbones and arb were valver bits at that point..

my question really is does anyone have any clue as to why this appears to have been twised.. i cant imagine u cant put an arb on wrong, so maybe the arb is defective.. or could the springs and shocks have twisted the bar if they were themselves defective? im sure the subframe is straight other wise they would have had issue's getting it all back togethor when the put the engine and gearbox back in... or could it be the whole car that is twisted..

i will have a look and i might still the old valver arb if i could see if that had been twisted... im bit confused as to where the problems lies or where to start and track back to rectify this...

any ideas would be much appreciated!!! :-k

Mikeb185
29-11-2012, 15:49
i have 1 in the shed if you need 1 :)