PDA

View Full Version : Renault Wheel Bearings

Vandella
21-11-2012, 17:21
hi guys, im just wondering on opinions.. would you rather have genuine one's or to save some pennies would you be happy with motor factors one's???
:anyone:

jamiecrookston83
21-11-2012, 18:16
I bought the ones ktec sell. Had them fitted for well over a year now without a problem.

p4cks
21-11-2012, 18:54
Pattern parts are fine, got them on both my Clios. Am selling some actually.

Vandella
21-11-2012, 21:16
fair enough.. been offered by my mechanic some cheaper ones.. about £30-ish iirc for the front ones.. not sure about the back.. contemplating getting them all done.. ive had one replaced before using the part suggested by me mechanic.. i need to replace one now as im getting the hum and a noiser ride.... but ive never had to do the others in the 2years or so since ive had the car.. so i was wondering as the front ones from renault are £60 odd each.. but its just a bearing so i cant imagine theres guna much mechanical/performance difference between them.. what do u have in your store p4acks??

p4cks
21-11-2012, 23:37
I bought them for my W3 but transpired I didn't need them. Check out the items for sale forum, got two brand new fronts for sale

16v_paddy
22-11-2012, 00:33
Right, I'll throw a spanner in the works now :lol: For the fronts I wouldn't use anything except genuine, I've had a few (3) go bad on me on my car & that was before it started getting some serious track abuse. Would have been cheaper in the long run to use genuine but you live & learn.
Maybe my experience was more a case of being unlucky but I've certainly been better off by using genuine so that's just what I'll stick with in the future.

On the other hand I've had no issues at all with pattern rear bearings

northy
22-11-2012, 10:45
As dear as they are I only use genuine on my cup race car. The only difference I saw was metal dust seals on the fronts and plastic on the back rather than full rubber u get from GSF

Wobba
23-11-2012, 22:13
Mine wear relatively fast, BUT...I do have a strange suspension setup and I do drive mine everyday in all sorts of conditions. I have just got some more, but I decided this time to use OEM parts. They are a fair bit more expensive though.

In fact, because I drive everyday and use the car for trackdays, I am going to swap them out before each track day and buy a bearing press to save cash and do them myself in future! Nothing worse than having a bearing going (or CV joint) on the way to the track...happened twice so far!

jock
24-11-2012, 00:31
Just looked up I fitted Renault front bearings mid 2003 and one started to rumble late 2011 and was changed before xmas so can't complain really.

Rear ones I used orig and gsf, never had either go wrong but replaced the rear disks so often its not surprising!
Renault used to do rear disks with bearings ready fitted which were quite good value / less hassle iirc. I use a press at work so rears only 15 min job. :lol:

Wobba
24-11-2012, 00:58
I buy the rears with bearing pressed in. Not a job I have had to do more than once though, and easy to do. Just needed the 32mm hub nut socket tbh.