PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Looking to purchase a williams

Dean250
13-11-2012, 13:36
Hi, just registered on the forum as I am looking to purchase a williams that is in fair condition but ideally original to bring back to it's best, I've had a Naples Red 16 Valver getting on for 10 years ago and loved it.

I have a long history of French hot hatches, Starting with a Citoren AX GT, Saxo Vtr, Saxo Vts x 2, Clio 16 Valve, Mk1 172, 182 x 2, Megane R26 Lux and now a 330 bhp Megane 250.

anyways I've had some brief discussions with the owner of this vehicle and I am quite tempted, I really want to get down and view it before the auction ends.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321017748522

at present I don't know the reg and it isn't shown in any of the additional pictures I have been sent.

unlikely from the detail shown but does anyone know it? I am around 4hours drive away so not sure I will get to see it before bidding ends unfortunately,

apparently it's rust free, millage and number of owners seems good.

I actually prefer the williams 3 colour although I know the 1 is the one to own for the purists, the 2 and 3 don't have the individually number plaques do they?

I will look forward to joining the club once I am the owner of the right car.

Dean

FATBOY
13-11-2012, 20:01
hi and welcome to the site, DONT fall in love with the first one you see! there are some right dogs out there! check out the online buyers guide on here so your aware of what to look out for! take your time and find a minter! :0)

Dean250
13-11-2012, 22:37
Hi mate thank you for the reply!

I won't!, I've spoken to the guy with the one forsale on ebay and whilst it does sound like a good car in terms of not being rotten, it's history seems a bit sketchy.

one documented cambelt change in 1999, owner isn't sure it has a service book but lots of receipts, would like to view it but I think he maybe after too much from what he's said!

jamiecrookston83
15-11-2012, 21:39
Good luck bud. Let me know how you get on.

Dean250
15-11-2012, 21:45
Hi Jamie,

will do mate, think Im going to join the site fully so I can get myself into that projects section haha.

just having a look around now, the williams 2 in the forsale section seems nice but has had 12 owners!, keeping my eyes peeled for the right motor!

ThRaXaIR
15-11-2012, 21:46
Hmm was hoping that advert would tell me what part of the country you were from....Telford however seems pretty middle of the road. you from the north or south? You sound like a decent owner for a willy 1, not gunna strip and track or anything!?

On a side note you on Meganesport? i'm on there as i have a 225.

Laterz

jamiecrookston83
15-11-2012, 21:59
There seems to be a few ms.net guys on here. Keep your options open. There is always williams 1,2 or 3 for sale

Dean250
15-11-2012, 22:11
Im from the North East mate and yeah Im on Meg Sport my name is Dean182 on there!

That car was forsale in telford but the owner was very sketch on its history and said it had last had a cambelt change in 99 and had no service manual so I decided not to go and see it.

Yeah seems to be a few out there so will keep my options open mate!

icenutter
18-11-2012, 11:00
You should be Dean150 here!

Dean250
18-11-2012, 11:55
why! I don't own one yet lol

Just been looking at that one on PH for £5500 but it's been in storage for a long time which appears to have had a detrimental effect on the motors of various parts, washer jets, wing mirrors, and worstly the heater blower.

The heather motor is a dash out job I think! I remember years ago someone having do one of a 16v and they said it was a nightmare!
I think for that money everything needs to be working.