PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hi

anyideas
09-11-2012, 20:36
Just thought I'd say Hi, I've been inspired by the threads from P4cks on pistonheads and I'm now on the lookout for a Williams to restore back to its best.

I've only just starting looking and doing a bit if research but I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Red_Dash
09-11-2012, 21:26
Welcome to the forum :)

anyideas
09-11-2012, 21:53
Thanks, I see you're in southport. You're not selling the one on eBay at the moment are you?

Wobba
09-11-2012, 22:15
Hello! Welcome. I have seen the banter on PH with P4cks. It is inspirational to us too lol :D

There's a host of info here.

I think it is a good time to buy a Williams as although prices are perhaps not as low as they were, classics are now starting to rise and these wil appreciate soon like the E30 M3 and Delta and 205 etc soon.

Cracking looking cars too tbh, I love mine still. I just wont ever sell it, always makes me smile on the way home after a shit day at work and I pretty much destroy any wannabes with my cars 240 odd bhp/ton hehe. Yay!

Be aware though they can be fragile, as EVO says, like an Intergrale. Parts wear fairly fast for me with suspension and drivetrain like bearings, but that's probably as mine is not standard at all and it is daily driven.

Red_Dash
09-11-2012, 22:59
Thanks, I see you're in southport. You're not selling the one on eBay at the moment are you?

No, that's not mine. I had been tempted to go and have a look at it with it being so close but I quite fancy a Williams 3 next.
I do have a Williams 1 that's sat in my shed and needs some serious restoration at the moment (search for a thread with 'L350 LMO' in the title) but I'm currently using it as a reference to help me put my own back together.

Are you looking for one that needs mechanical work, bodywork or both?

anyideas
10-11-2012, 00:43
I've got a mate with a body shop so although I wouldn't attempt it I could take a car which needs it doing. I'll have a search on your Williams 1.

Red_Dash
10-11-2012, 09:05
This is the one:
http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?39270-L350LMO

anyideas
10-11-2012, 09:39
Have you got round to looking at it in a bit more detail? What was the outcome with the engine?

Kris2012
10-11-2012, 15:05
Welcome from me as we'll.

I'm still a newbie and came here following the exact same trail as you.

There is loads of information on here and I've spent hours trawling through posts dating back years.

Good luck.