PDA

View Full Version : Rear wiper and washer

Dancliovalver
22-08-2005, 21:42
bit of a problem, doesnt really effect me but want it to work anyways,
sometimes my rear wiper doesnt work when i push the stalk forward and the washer never works, EVER!!!

anybody have any suggestions?? :?

Swervin_Mervin
23-08-2005, 10:59
Fuh'geddabard-it.

My rear washer doesn't work.

mikelord
03-09-2005, 19:31
My wash-wipe don't work neither. Never had a problem geting the wiper to come on, but can't get no water to pump through.

Blokey at the garage reckoned all it needed was a new pump, but I swear I can still hear it trying to push water through (and yes the reservoir is full).

Anyone know how much a new one costs? Hope somewhere Halfords would do one rather than getting ripped off by Renault.....

All I can suggest for your problem is that the switch in the stalk is knackered - had any other problems like indicator not working?

Mike

Dancliovalver
03-09-2005, 20:03
na everything else is fine buddy, and it only works every now and again, one minute it does next minute it dont!!
i cant here the pump for the rear washer though, i take it i need a new one!!! or is it a different fuse somewhere or something????

Scott-16v!
03-09-2005, 21:16
the rear wipe always works but the wash never has, i can quite clearly hear the pump going though :?

Martin
03-09-2005, 21:30
heh I think the pipes break fellas...my williams used to squirt into the tailgate lol

stew
04-09-2005, 01:22
try a quick blast if air through the rear washer pipe. Just unplug the rear washer bit on the reservoir and put some air pressure through it! I did this and has cleared the problem nicely. used a electrical tyre pump for the job.