PDA

View Full Version : rear suspension

Vandella
16-10-2012, 10:50
hey guys, after completley renewing the front of various parts its now time for the rear.. question is: What can be replaced? bushes wise and whats normally the bad point for the rear, what should i be taking attention too? will it all be sourceable nowadays?
im aware there are kind of three parts to the rear.. torsion bars.. the trailing arm/axle and dampers.. have i missed anything? :-k

Thanks dudes!

Dan

DSilvaSport
28-02-2013, 23:54
Did you rebuild the rear at all? I'm interested in those bushes and any other perishable parts - I haven't taken the axle off yet.

Vandella
01-03-2013, 14:05
I haven't yet mate, I was going to try and find another complete rear and get this done as a whole, then fit the new beam etc as I need the car.. but as far as im aware the are just two bushes that can get replaced.. where the trailing arms meet the beam.. someone please correct me if im wrong as this will be next on my list, and don't want to do a half arsed effort.. and obviously the dampers get replaced too..

elflamo
09-05-2013, 21:19
Ay insights on this yet, as I have the exact same question?

cheers

Wobba
10-05-2013, 11:49
The bushes in the rear beam never really need attention, unlike 205 GTi's. The only parts on the rear for suspension that may need attention are the dampers.

elflamo
10-05-2013, 11:53
Ok, thx. I have new dampers ready for fitment