PDA

View Full Version : valver spares or repair £600 ono, poss part x

lewis_willy2
22-08-2005, 19:33
ok after much of a discussion with the old man, ive decided im sellin my car, as some of you may no, its in need of some electrical work, it maybe simple, it may be difficult to fix. but me and my dad r not very good on auto electrics.
if you want a full run down on probs pm or ring me on 07921501441

white renault clio 1.8 16v, 114k miles, 5 previous owners including me
fsh with an absolute load of receipts from new including mots
magnecor ignition leads
full stainless steel exhaust with decat (cat available)
k&n (already on it wen i purchased car)
ecotec valve (sounds very nice, breathes very heavily with k&n)
15 inch spoke oz racing alloys with tyre which are barely used
lowered about 50mm on uprated springs, possibly dampers
other than these little mods its standard with phase 2 lights and carbon boot strip
fully clifford alarmed with auto lock in wen car is started and auto unlock wen u turn ignition off, with all round sensors.
new gearbox from an engine with 99k on it
full service wen i done the gearbox including timing belt and it hasnt covered any miles since

bad points: rear arches are in need of doing as the rust has made its bed, will be approx £130 to do.

wen i replaced gearbox i shorted the car out via the alternator and now doesnt run, i havent had the chance to properly fix it as i work all week and dont have the knowledge, it does go to start but doesnt spark but there is power going to coil?

i really dont want to sell this car as i love her but just cant afford to fix her, and i would like to see her go to a good home, wen she was running she pulled absolutely lovely no flat spots wotsoeva, i only covered about 2k miles in her, and wished it was more.

i am open to offers and will poss part ex with another valver or hybrid (with me partin with some cash aswell)
just call me txt me or pm me with any questions
car is based in folkestone, kent, and will not drive away so will need to be towed taken on a flat bed

lewis_willy2
22-08-2005, 19:42
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/lewisredfern001/100_1240.jpg

Gav
23-08-2005, 22:15
whats the actual electrical problem? Im ok with electrics and my old man can do real well on them but need to know what it is and how much hard work its gonna be before i part the cash

Also how far are your from the midlands?

Allan
23-08-2005, 22:19
hmm i have those same oz 5 spokes sitting in my garage, need a refurb tho :S

if i had 600 i would take it off your hands :/ but im v skint atm

lewis_willy2
24-08-2005, 18:37
where bouts in the midlands william jr? it may only need an engine loom? i put a power cable on the alternator(which is black and looked like an earth) on the earth side of alternator, so its shorted out, it goes to start but doesnt spark? if you are really interested just gimme a call

lewis

Gav
25-08-2005, 00:08
txt'd ya :D

Gav
25-08-2005, 00:15
actually bit late now
Yer im interested dude, as a project car.
can i ask, why did you hook up that to the alternator? Just curious :?

I'll txt you tomorrow dude or phone you this wkend about it. Im in tamworth near brum how far is folkestone away from there?

Andy
25-08-2005, 07:33
folkstone down dover kid

Gav
25-08-2005, 09:09
cheers fella, bout a 3 hour drive if i leave on a sunday at about 7 then...not to bad

lewis_willy2
26-08-2005, 18:25
i hooked it to the alternator which is where it is meant to go but on the wrong side?!

lewis_willy2
30-08-2005, 22:27
someone make me an offer, i scraped my old trusty 1.2rl 2nite and dont wana do the samw to this

lewis_willy2
09-09-2005, 16:52
anyone, any offers before she gets broken up, if not the pm me all parts available

Gav
09-09-2005, 16:56
i would snap your hand off fella but i cant get down to you. :cry:

lewis_willy2
09-09-2005, 17:38
where r u, i'll arange delivery, she really gotta go