PDA

View Full Version : will a 1.8 16v cat fit on2 my williams 2?

Mattie
22-08-2005, 16:25
will a cat from a valver fit on my willy2? and if it dus will it still pass its MOT as i dont kno if fuel emishions will be higher???

thanks people

Winston
22-08-2005, 16:28
Nope

You would need the manifold and down pipe for it to fit :cry:

Mattie
22-08-2005, 16:31
Nope

You would need the manifold and down pipe for it to fit :cry:

o rite...is there now way around this without the manifold and down pipe?

Rich
22-08-2005, 16:59
you could prob chop the flange and re-weld it but i'm not 100% on that

Winston
22-08-2005, 17:12
Thats one way around it lol

Mattie
22-08-2005, 17:37
any easier options? :oops: lol

Lunner
22-08-2005, 17:48
Need the flange to downpipe at 45 degrees to the horizonatal, also teh bore of the williams downpiep is larger than the valver, so the hole in the flange woudl need to be larger, easiest option woudl be to weld a williams flange onto the end of the valver cat, coudl make it 10mm longer, but int eh scheme of things this isn't a massive problem, althoguh the enxhust might ratytle on teh rear beam a littel, depends if you ahve enough room for the exhaust system to be pushed back 10mm.

Easiest option is to get a williams cat, or a de-cat

Mattie
22-08-2005, 17:55
Need the flange to downpipe at 45 degrees to the horizonatal, also teh bore of the williams downpiep is larger than the valver, so the hole in the flange woudl need to be larger, easiest option woudl be to weld a williams flange onto the end of the valver cat, coudl make it 10mm longer, but int eh scheme of things this isn't a massive problem, althoguh the enxhust might ratytle on teh rear beam a littel, depends if you ahve enough room for the exhaust system to be pushed back 10mm.

Easiest option is to get a williams cat, or a de-cat

i aint long had a decat fittd, i saw a valver cat on ebay n was gona buy it 4 wen my MOT cums round but ill jus waite till i find a willy if its gona b 2 much pissin around.....MOT aint till feb so i got sum time :)

thanks people!