PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Kris2012
18-09-2012, 09:49
Hi,

You can guess my name.

I've just bought a Willams 3. It's NEX from the Williams 3 and For Sale sections. I've bought it for running around town and fun. I've always wanted one and now's a great time. The car has got a Mongoose exhaust and a Pipercross filter, but I think they're a bit loud for me so I'm going to go back to standard. Those bits will be up for sale/swap if anyone wants them. I'll admit to being inspired by the guys on Pistonheads who've posted their cars in the 'Readers Cars' section.

The car is booked in for an MOT on the 21st with Renault. The ABS light's on at the moment and I think that the ISCV and maybe the Lambda sensor need replacing so we'll see. I've been busy reading all of the posts on here. I'm excited by the car, but the parts situation is a bit scary. I've got loads of good info from here and the best bit for me so far is Peter Head Classic Insurance. It's costing me £190 per year with mods declared and 3000 miles pa. I'm 34 so I think that helps too :winkey:

The plan is to use it whenever I'm at home and gradually repair and restore, but the car's in great condition anyway. I'd love to learn to do most of the work on the car myself, but I think it'll be a steep learning curve. I haven't got any mechanical experience, but I'm going to give things a go starting with plugs, oil and coolant flush and we'll see how things progress.

Kris

MikeTCB
18-09-2012, 09:58
Hi Kris,

Hope you enjoy the car; they're brilliant little things, I'm on my second!

Don't worry about the parts situation. MatBrown on here is a good source for bits and bobs and Renault can still supply a decent amount of stuff.

Best of luck with it all.

p4cks
18-09-2012, 11:36
I'll admit to being inspired by the guys on Pistonheads who've posted their cars in the 'Readers Cars' section.

Hi Kris, this might have been me so I do apologise for getting you in to these addictive little cars! I've now got 2 threads running on PH as I have a W2 and a W3.

As for parts, don't worry too much as MatBrown has every part imaginable and also many parts are interchangeable between any Mk1 Clio (switches, handles, etc). MatBrown should be your first point of call, everytime. The amount of money he has had from me is obscene (that is not to say he charges too much, his pricing is pretty much perfect in every instance), but it would be unimaginable if I had to get them from all from Renault.

Good luck with it, you've bought a quickly appreciating asset :)

ThRaXaIR
18-09-2012, 13:30
Yo! Someone else in the South west always good! whereabouts are you in the Shire?

jamiecrookston83
18-09-2012, 14:21
Welcome along mate

Kris2012
18-09-2012, 15:27
Hi all,

Yeah it was you p4cks. I saw your thread and got very jealous and then when I saw your 2nd one I thought sod it, if that guy can get two then I can get off my arse and get one.

ThRaXaIR, I'm in Cheltenham, but grew up near Brookthorpe on the Stroud Road so not far at all.

I'll keep Mat Brown on speed dial

Cheers.

Wobba
19-09-2012, 16:59
Hello and welcome :)

Kris2012
21-09-2012, 15:51
Thanks mate.

Car went in this morning for the MOT. It failed on ABS Ring, Headlight level adjustment and Handbrake efficiency. All in all a good result considering that the car hasn't been used much recently.