PDA

View Full Version : Me v old man with beard

KingStromba
01-02-2005, 11:56
Right, so im travelling up Dereham road this morning on my push bike. Cruising along up the long labourious gentle hill heading out of the city. As i pass the co-op on the left i look across to see an old guy on a bike waiting at a junction. Have a quick look at his bike. Nothing fancy, few chioce mods, nothing chavy.

Anyway about 30 seconds later this guy flies past me. Jeesus. Not having that. Drop down 1 gear, nothing, 2 gears, nothing. Go down another two gears and im out of the saddle and i start to reel him in. 10 meters, 7 meters, 3 meters. Then i go past him and im biulding up speed so im up 1 gear, back in the seat, then another gear, then another. As i pass i look across and there is this old guy with a wrinkled face. Must be 60 at least. Massive long white / grey beard, looks just like Captain Birdseye. Bike looked tidy.

I pull about 10 bike lengths on him and get help up a bit by some pedestrian lights, 2 mins later, i look back and the guy is out of HIS saddle, comming back at me.

I managed to keep ahead, but it certainly suprised me. Anyone know the spec on an old man with a beard?

My mates dad has a beard and my mate reakons hes raced him loads and always wins easy. But a guy down the pub told me they are fast. Any one raced one? I was happy with my smooth boyish good looks but now im thinking of getting a beard. :?

I was one up but had a rucksack and he one one up but had panniers. Any help?

northy
01-02-2005, 11:59
PMSL class.

Think old man with the beard is running on 195's pal :wink:

2 live
01-02-2005, 12:15
lol.......dint know u lived in dereham mate

me sister lives in north tuddenham.east dereham hehe.....not seen her for a while like lol

KingStromba
01-02-2005, 12:17
Id love a long white beard, i think they look the nuts, but i need practical facial hair. So would i see much improvement with just a goatee? My mate grew a mustache and saw no improvement atall. :?

2 live
01-02-2005, 12:26
Massive long white / grey beard, looks just like Captain Birdseye.

its the way he squints his eyes to gain the superior aerodynamics mate.....u watch him on the adverts lol.....also iv heard rumours he doubles up as santa....in which case itl be the secret pixie dust

KingStromba
01-02-2005, 12:32
But what is he doing on that ship in the middle of the atlantic with all those kids?

Agree about the slitty eyes. Thats why the japs are so quick. Ooops can i say that? Just have. :shock:

2 live
01-02-2005, 12:32
lol.........havent u seen the iteneri of the ship......its sailing on its way to te neverland ranch

dannyt
01-02-2005, 13:24
i think you've just a a race with gandolf the great...i saw him this morning too over near the cornfeilds at Lancaster, he must have got over to you fast!!!

KingStromba
01-02-2005, 14:45
Shit, if it was Gandolf im not suprised he was quick.

summeh
07-02-2005, 00:28
panniers,,, ****ING LOL !!!!

WeZ01y
15-03-2005, 23:03
Your all nutcases! :P
PMSL