PDA

View Full Version : Spark plugs swamped in oil, rocker gasket failure?

diditno
31-08-2012, 15:22
Whilst checking over the clio of doom, i found an oil leak with no visable cause. Then found all 4 spark plugs were under several inches of oil. Am i right i thinking its a rocker cover gasket failure or could anything else cause this?.

Bigfoot
31-08-2012, 15:47
Thats the normal case of oil where the plugs are, try and clean up as much of the oil as possible before removing the plugs as you dont want a lot of it going into the bores as it will smoke loads after starting up. As for why there is a lot there must be some serious issue with that as normally it just leaks in 1 or 2 of them and not that much, inches is a lot of oil if in all 4 plugs as well as if you dont have a gasket there.

diditno
31-08-2012, 16:35
The gasket that was on it looked ok tbh, but a new one has been ordered and ill fit it tommorrow. Never had such a problem before. Hopefully that will ix it.

16v_paddy
31-08-2012, 20:09
Use some silicone sealant on the gasket as well :winkey: the only other way oil can get into the wells is if the cam carriers are leaking

diditno
31-08-2012, 20:27
Will do cheers. P.s. driveshafts being sent monday. Just havent had time with work this week.

16v_paddy
31-08-2012, 21:18
No rush lol! I haven't even got a day off work til the 9th anyway :-(