PDA

View Full Version : Help with this blumin oil cooler

tomo4
30-08-2012, 12:26
Not sure if I'm a moron or its just a terrible design idea, but I took off my williams oil cooler today to fit a pretty new one off an old cup car I got for free. However the bloody cup one is smaller in depth compared with the willy one. Whyyyyyy!!!!!!!!???

Now this means the securing bolt for the cooler and filter is too long. I don't want to go down the oil cooler route. can't be arsed to organise the water pipes etc.

Do I;

A) get the bolt cut and died so that the cup car cooler fits.. bit of a bodge job. NEED to find someone who can do this for me in the derby area.
B) get a new oil cooler (£184 from RPD) or a second hand one so the bolt doesn't need to be altered. Not many knocking about though!! and I am short on time

Blumin fed up of this useless lump of metal sitting on my driveway and throwing more frustratingly awkward problems at me.

Mrbrightsi
03-09-2012, 22:37
If you can remove the entire thing, im sure most engineering places would gladly grind the bolt down.

schakal
03-09-2012, 22:53
Or you could just buy the right size bolt from me :)

northy
05-09-2012, 13:41
to fit a pretty new one off an old cup car I got for free

:-k

tomo4
06-09-2012, 17:35
arghh schakal if id known!! just got a second hand cooler delivered. DAMN. As an option, how much would it be for me to get my mucky hand on one of these bolts??

Northy... yeah sorry. £60 would be what i wanted for it. I was working full days voluntary for 3 weeks, so getting it for nowt was the least he could do for me!! ha