PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating after getting served

Wobba
21-08-2012, 09:52
I get this sometimes:

New Audi bombs along outside lane passing a few cars behind me, I'm happily trundling along at 30'ish MPH. Some lights ahead go red. We stop at the front neck and neck.So, I feel like a battle and decided to give them a go at the lights in my 19 year old Clio. Off I go, not 100% but still enough (100% makes an awful lot of noise, I only use it when I really need too as it attracts so much attention!), Audi loses.

Of course, he tail gates me and drives ultra aggressive behind me after that. Why do that? I can only surmise these people take it really personally, like I am insulting their over-inflated egos or something? Just after burning knob-head up we get stuck behind slow traffic anyway so no point tailgating me really...

This isn't the first time, and I've had some truly spectacular 'revenge' driving tactics from some drivers. I may do some traffic light GP's, but I don't break the law just to get some 'payback'. It's all just a bit of fun, not something to go risking an accident about just coz you lost.

People are really weird.

andreas395
21-08-2012, 10:32
Had it a few times mate some knob end in a vxr Astra nearly crashed into me because I done him at the lights I just pulled over and let the prick go off there's having abit of fun and taking it to far as some people do :headbutt:

Jaymzfc
21-08-2012, 11:07
Get this quite a lot over here especially from Glanza drivers and other tin made machines. Since mine is the only willy in Malta a lot have no idea what it can do, nothing like leaving a few behind at the lights. My favourite episode was on one of the newly surfaced bypasses we have, i decide to open her up and find a pratt in a Hyundai accent made to look like a EVO hogging the outer lane so give him a few flashes and nothing, so decide to fly past him, he seems to take acception to this and tries to catch up, i ease of a bit as i can see some traffic up ahead he doesn't and proceeds to leave half his tires on the tarmac, i'm pretty sure he had some skid marks somewhere else as well.

Bigfoot
21-08-2012, 11:20
Best one I had, driving my renault 5 with a side exit doesn't mean I want to race everyone nor anyone off the lights, it just makes a lot of noise, but somebody was doing this on all lights down this road, which had about 5 of them in total, each time I just accelerated fine till the next one, on the last set of lights, a few hundred metres down the road from there, there is a speed camera which I knew about, well to teach him a lesson I decided to play along on the last one, floored it up to the speed limit and then stopped at that speed, at that point he flew past me a seconds later camera taking a picture of his number plate, screech of tyres when he was braking, then pulled off very quickily. Hopefully he will learn his lesson not to play around when you dont know the roads.

Smokey McPot
21-08-2012, 17:13
I get this sometimes:

New Audi bombs along outside lane passing a few cars behind me, I'm happily trundling along at 30'ish MPH. Some lights ahead go red. We stop at the front neck and neck.So, I feel like a battle and decided to give them a go at the lights in my 19 year old Clio. Off I go, not 100% but still enough (100% makes an awful lot of noise, I only use it when I really need too as it attracts so much attention!), Audi loses.

Of course, he tail gates me and drives ultra aggressive behind me after that. Why do that? I can only surmise these people take it really personally, like I am insulting their over-inflated egos or something? Just after burning knob-head up we get stuck behind slow traffic anyway so no point tailgating me really...

This isn't the first time, and I've had some truly spectacular 'revenge' driving tactics from some drivers. I may do some traffic light GP's, but I don't break the law just to get some 'payback'. It's all just a bit of fun, not something to go risking an accident about just coz you lost.

People are really weird.

In His head you've ****ed his wife and questioned is sexuality in a pub on a Friday night. Either that or he's got a bootful of cutlery he just HAS to sell to meet this months target.

16v_paddy
21-08-2012, 18:57
In His head you've ****ed his wife and questioned is sexuality in a pub on a Friday night. Either that or he's got a bootful of cutlery he just HAS to sell to meet this months target.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:Brilliant =D>

tomo4
21-08-2012, 19:44
Some people just don't know when to give up... You sir have a slower car, accept it!! ha

MattDilley
21-08-2012, 22:11
As Clarkson said Audi drivers are the old BMW drivers. COCKs!! Lol.

Wobba
22-08-2012, 16:13
Hehe! Yea.

Makes me 'lol' serving these fuktard ego-kiddies in their 'faster' cars :)

Such base creatures. Shame they can breed really :(

Mrbrightsi
24-08-2012, 22:06
People like this dont want to play, thats simple as that really. Whereas in any car i'll have a mess around at the lights or try and keep up on a back lane, these people hve to pass you or stay in front for some crazy reason. Their wives probably bring new men round to the house who knows?

Coops
25-08-2012, 16:41
i get this as well, its basically best to try and get a grin out the opposition before you begin i find, so i simply grin like a maniac at them until they either look and laugh back or ignore me completely. at that point i know if its worth having a friendly doo off the lights or just let mr german car driver (always BMW and Audi drivers who take it the worst, usually TDi as well, come on mate if you were interested in performance why buy a derv and then get narky when you loose?) drive off

Wobba
31-08-2012, 20:15
I try not to make eye contact as for me it is making them (usually male) the 'object of the gaze', as discussed at length by Laura Mulvey. Being the object makes the observed male feel feminised, as we assume the spectacle is the 'woman'. We question their manhood, possibly making them uncomfortable or 'lesser'. This can have worse implications than attempting to make them lol at the lights at the Mk1 Clio, especially when they get wtfpwned by said 20 year old car.

16v_paddy
31-08-2012, 21:10
I try not to make eye contact as for me it is making them (usually male) the 'object of the gaze', as discussed at length by Laura Mulvey. Being the object makes the observed male feel feminised, as we assume the spectacle is the 'woman'. We question their manhood, possibly making them uncomfortable or 'lesser'.

Hmmmmmm

Wobba
31-08-2012, 22:07
HAHA you would know :p