PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Noise

Gav
21-08-2005, 21:59
Alrite boys n girls.

Not so long back i sorted out my brakes, new discs n pads.
Since then my breaks have been squeeling. Either when i press on the brake soft or some times when i press on quiet hard.
You people know why this is and how to fix it? cuz it is really embarrasing and hard on the ears.

Cheers fellas and felletes

Dancliovalver
21-08-2005, 22:01
lol the missus has got the exact same problem, most people tell me to check the pads and shoes for any stones trapped underneath them!!!!
i need to do it but couldnt be arsed this weekend

Gav
21-08-2005, 22:04
what if it isnt stones could it be anything else cuz knowing my luck i will take everything off and find nothing and it will be the same or worse.

Ive just lowered the front of my clio today, looks the tits, but that noise makes people think the car is old n knackard so noone can appreciate the coolness of the 55mm drop :D

Dancliovalver
21-08-2005, 22:13
thye might just need beddin in mate, give it a few more days and c wat happens, if not its just a case of strippin and rebuilding i suppose :wink:

Gav
21-08-2005, 22:24
just wanna stop workin on the front of the clio now, i know everything about everythin under them arches now!

Cheers for the help fella 8) see what i can do

BRUN
21-08-2005, 22:24
fast road/race pads by any chance

if so, they do squeel, ive jus done mine and they squeel

Gav
21-08-2005, 22:27
nah dude, just standard apex pads n discs

Mattie
21-08-2005, 22:34
cd it be that the calipers need openin up abit?

just a thought.....probably wrong :roll:

VIPERONE
21-08-2005, 22:34
lads you need to remove your pads and smear copper paste on the rear of the pads,,, should be sorted then

Gav
21-08-2005, 22:40
at the end of the day im going to be takin the front wheels off again aint i? :x
Ah well, for the best, i cant stand that noise

TA
21-08-2005, 22:56
smear the grease over everything! will make it nice and smooth

:wink:

was in some car spares type shop, the guy on the counter mentioned the grease thing to a oldish type bloke, and he asked if he should cover the discs too,

the counter blokes face was sooooo funny, " err, no. "

Slithers
21-08-2005, 23:04
lads you need to remove your pads and smear copper paste on the rear of the pads,,, should be sorted then

Submarine grease is the way forward.

Incidently i have a full jar of it.

Justin..
21-08-2005, 23:49
smear the grease over everything! will make it nice and smooth

:wink:

was in some car spares type shop, the guy on the counter mentioned the grease thing to a oldish type bloke, and he asked if he should cover the discs too,

the counter blokes face was sooooo funny, " err, no. "
:o some people just dont have a clue (includin me) :oops:

Gav
22-08-2005, 10:38
My mate tried to make his brakes look nicer on his 1st clio.

Wanted to paint the callipers black, couldnt find any black paint in his dads tool shed except one tin. Painted the calliper in this paint, then he painted the frickin brake disc, his dad came out to see his progress and realised he had painted the whole brake system in black TAR paint!

New brake discs n callipers cuz the paint wouldnt come off and would of smelt like a tramps cooch when under heat.

What a tossa

gtbloke
25-08-2005, 15:35
Also try filing the edge of the pads off to a 45 degree angle, should stop dust getting embedded