PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet fore/aft adjustment?

elflamo
17-08-2012, 22:18
Hi all, today i noticed that the left hand side of the bonnet is about 5mm forward compared to the right hand side. Is there a way to adjust this? It seems that hinge holes only accomodate up/down adjustment.

Thx!

Dennis

16v_paddy
17-08-2012, 22:40
I'd suggest loosening the nuts holding the bonnet onto the hinge and trying to get the bonnet to sit right 1st - might need a helper for that.

Have you got a pic? Might help a bit as I'm just guessing atm, but another thing that springs to mind is the headlights, I fiddled with them on mine as well as the bonnet to get things to line up & look correct, doesn't help that my car has been in a bit of a smack at the front at some point in it's life :oops: but you get the idea

elflamo
17-08-2012, 23:23
Yeah, thought of the head lights as well. But it is the bonnet for sure, as at the back of the bonnet, it doesn't line up with the front wing on the left hand. On the right hand side it does. What i mean with line up is if you follow the panel gap between front wing and door upwards, then it doesn't line up. I'll take a pic tomorrow!

p4cks
18-08-2012, 08:32
Mine was/is the same but not as bad as it was. I used washers behind the bonnet bolts to get a better fit

northy
18-08-2012, 09:48
Most likely is been pushed back on that side of the front panel.