PDA

View Full Version : Strange staing issue

diditno
14-08-2012, 22:47
This has happened recently since i fitted the scuttle kit, so my just be conincidence. Basically i retrofitted the battery To the boot with longer power cables and new earths etc. starts fine most of the time, but occasionally the starter motor just clicks on the turn of the key. After 5/6 trys it will fire, so im thinking the solenoid on the starters buggered, but it was only rebuild 5 months go. It does it when engines hot or cold, so am i right in thinking starter issue? Thanks in advance.

diditno
15-08-2012, 00:09
How about starting issue ffs

Coops
15-08-2012, 09:28
mine does this, and has done on several starters, I put it down to poor earths due to relocated battery, its never not started however and most of the time its first turn fine, just occasionally does the clicking

as such I've never really sorted it. point being its more than likely not the starter, so I wouldn't waste a load of cash swapping it

icenutter
15-08-2012, 09:38
You could see if it was the earth by running a (temporary) cable from the negative on the battery direct to the engine (bypassing the body).

diditno
18-08-2012, 21:22
Tried the earth bypass, still does it, but getting worse. The starters going back monday. Only 7 months old ffs.

diditno
30-08-2012, 12:44
Sorted. It was an issue with the alarm. Ive just taken the starter connection out of it and refitted as normal. Immobiliser still works as does the alarm. Starts first time every time. Top of the line clifford my arse.