PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal

volymmannen
07-08-2012, 15:40
Hello
anyone knows how to get better clutchpedal travel, i have a clio 172 box in my R5 and it`s got "soft cluch" standard so i need a longer travel to get the cluch fully disengaged.

bass_direct
07-08-2012, 16:59
remove the pedal stop

bass_direct
07-08-2012, 17:00
but you shouldn't have to

I have a 172 box and soft pedal on my turbo, and it's fine..

volymmannen
08-08-2012, 12:21
well its disengaging the clutch, but a longer arm on the box do make that you need to press the clutch further to release, so pressing the clutch further isn't what i want. the clutchpedal on a clio172 should be different so that you don't need so much travel

jock
10-08-2012, 01:35
I'm not sure what your asking here?

Did you put a new plastic pivot arm bush on the box before fitting, is a R5 foot pedal the same length as a clio one and are you asking does a 172 foot pedal fit ( I dont know but someone else might)

You could increase the length of the top end of the foot pedal somehow but you begin to lose the benefit of the easier feel gained by the increased leverage of the 172 release arm ?
If the clutch is releasing ok then you might be able to just trim the pedal stop so the pedal does not seem so high.
If you want less pedal travel then you might be able to fit the std shorter clio release arm (but not sure if the release bearing will work with that clutch) and it will be harder to push the pedal down though, you cant get something for nothing! lol :)

-jo-
10-08-2012, 08:08
well its disengaging the clutch, but a longer arm on the box do make that you need to press the clutch further to release, so pressing the clutch further isn't what i want. the clutchpedal on a clio172 should be different so that you don't need so much travel

dont think its working that way. A longer arm would be fitted to get a softer pedal but is doesnt effect the travell. The distance between release bearing and cover is still the same.

volymmannen
10-08-2012, 10:32
dont think its working that way. A longer arm would be fitted to get a softer pedal but is doesnt effect the travell. The distance between release bearing and cover is still the same.
The clutch is softer as the longer arm act as a longer lever, so less force means longer travel. if you have a short crowbar, you need more force, get a long big crowbar its easier BUT you have to move the end of the longer crowbar further to get the same job done.