PDA

View Full Version : hate my job

bigjim
20-08-2005, 19:35
was in work today and im in all day tomorrow as well. 2 out of the last 3 weekends been rotad in to work both days all day. i work for a car finance company but we also finance retailers like scs and mfi etc, phone goes non stop, arseholes on the phone, managers are all cunts, used to be a good place to work now i hate it so do most of my mates. i really need to get my finger out my arse and look for something else. im also drinking nearly every night to cheer me up. been with the company 10yrs now, managers treat u like school kids, plus me and my mate asked for lunch at 1.30 to watch second half of rangers celtic game then the bitch manager came over and said u 2 will have to go at 12.00. i wanted to punch her right in her ugly face. :twisted:

FATBOY
20-08-2005, 19:38
http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/include/ESRedirect.htm

:D

Jamie.
20-08-2005, 19:39
i think actually enjoying your job is an urban myth!
after working their ten years the manager hasnt got the respect to bow to a pitiful request like going on a late lunch....

bigjim
20-08-2005, 19:45
shes a total bitch, the thing is they do **** all while we get bombarded with calls. late in the afternoon she did a sneaky call monitor on me and sent me an e mail saying i sounded fed up on the phone and how important it is to put over the right image to customers on the phone!! like i dont know this already. its hard to not sound fed up when your on about your 90th phone call which wasnt even anything to do with my dept. so i transferred to the correct one. that was the icing on the cake. ive got to put up with her shit tomorrow as well. im close to snapping i really am!! :evil:

BRUN
21-08-2005, 01:36
whats the money like ?......

i work for Motor World and the money is piss poor but the job itself is usually easy and interesting enough to keep you occupied all day

bigjim
21-08-2005, 19:33
moneys not great tbh. had a one to one meeting with my boss today and i told her im going to look for another job because ive had enough.

snakeylady
22-08-2005, 13:04
Go for it - the biggest mistake we all make is to get complacent and stay with jobs we hate because it's too much trouble to look for another one- decide the sector you want to work in - write a letter extolling your virtues and overhaul your CV and send it our to a few selected co's and keep the fingers crossed!! Good Luck :D

Jamie.
22-08-2005, 13:24
Go for it - the biggest mistake we all make is to get complacent and stay with jobs we hate because it's too much trouble to look for another one- decide the sector you want to work in - write a letter extolling your virtues and overhaul your CV and send it our to a few selected co's and keep the fingers crossed!! Good Luck :D

how true. i hate my job too and am going to have to look to do somthing else. its funny that u have this misconception that u can think a job will actually be interesting and different when in reality it is soo poor and boring it makes u cringe when u wake up every morning and then one day u wake up and look back and wonder how the **** did i actually think i may actually enjoy it? i want a job that i will enjoy and is actually different every day, not simply different job's/clients with the same objective nut im having difficulty trying to find a job that dynamic with a decent salary

KingStromba
22-08-2005, 13:41
Im lucky that i love my job, but unfortunatley science doesnt pay that well. I guess you cant have the best of both worlds.

Slithers
22-08-2005, 21:31
I hate my job too, but what keeps me going is that one day i WILL leave, and on that day the phone switch will go down.......HA

(im the only bugger who can fix it BTW.........asides BT)

Enid
22-08-2005, 21:41
The people I work with are really nice guys and sometimes the job can be interesting but most of the time its pretty dull sometimes just damn frustrating! I get paid well though and I doubt very much I could find another job that pays the same so i'm trapped lol.

bigjim
22-08-2005, 21:55
i would love to be self employed and not have to answer to some prick who loves his/her power trip. id like to open a pub and employ some stunning barmaids that would be cool, then lock in after hours for a few with the ladies. :wink:

Gav
22-08-2005, 23:23
I love my job, work with 3 lovely fantastic hot sexy women, 2 really funny lads and my boss is a Yorkshire fella who wants to do nothing but have a laugh.
I get paid to sit infront of the computer screen and browse williamsclio.co.uk all day

Only prob is cuz it is leasing, the request or leasing isnt high this time of yr so not busy at all, so bonus is pretty slack but all that aside them women i work with are sooooooooo hot! All the bonus worries tend to just leave my mind.
:D

Mattie
23-08-2005, 09:29
my jobs ok dont really have much 2 do so i 2 get paid 2 go on MSN and williamsclio all day :D

bigjim
23-08-2005, 13:38
we dont have internet access at my work if we did it would make it a bit more bareable although the amount of constant phone calls would make it pretty impossible plus there are too many managers on the floor with nothing to do but listen in to phone calls and moan about stuff. ****ing bunch of wankers.

Mattie
23-08-2005, 13:44
well iv decided im quitin my job :) b4 i get laid off :roll: lol...

lets hope i find somthin i can enjoy 4 a job!

Jamie.
23-08-2005, 13:46
my jobs ok dont really have much 2 do so i 2 get paid 2 go on MSN and williamsclio all day :D

i have alot to do and still browse the net!

Tom_16v
23-08-2005, 13:48
i have alot to do and still browse the net!

Oi! Get back to work! Haha :D

Mattie
23-08-2005, 14:28
LOL