PDA

View Full Version : ALARM PROBLEMS!!!!!

FATBOY
20-08-2005, 15:41
the fookin thing wont stop!!!! ive charged the battery up all night long but hasnt made any difference???? any help or suggestions???

Andyvalver
20-08-2005, 15:49
My mate had this problem, His siren was fooked though so it didnt make much noise, jus kept flattin the battery. He cut all the wires and it still went off, then one day it just stopped :?

kj16v
20-08-2005, 15:56
That 'lovely' bit of kit has an inbuilt battery so disconnecting the car battery won't make a difference.
Try turning the security key in the engine bay.

FATBOY
20-08-2005, 16:07
i think i worded it wrong! ive turned the siren of at the key! and obviously charged the bastard overnight! but turn the key back to turn the alarm back on and it beeps 3 times then it goes off again!!!! obviously if i turn the alarm off the car cannot be used!!!!! any suggestions??? or basically is the alarm fooked?

edde
20-08-2005, 16:32
i think i worded it wrong! ive turned the siren of at the key! and obviously charged the bastard overnight! but turn the key back to turn the alarm back on and it beeps 3 times then it goes off again!!!! obviously if i turn the alarm off the car cannot be used!!!!! any suggestions??? or basically is the alarm fooked?
If you switch the alarm of under the bonnet then the car still works but you just don't have an alarm. Mines been switched of since I got the car.

FATBOY
20-08-2005, 16:40
cant do that mate as its all been wired up to the ignition! cos if i turn it off and then try and start her i get nothing!

VIPERONE
20-08-2005, 16:53
check the switch on the underneath the bonnet mate. it may have come dislodged.

FATBOY
20-08-2005, 17:22
check the switch on the underneath the bonnet mate. it may have come dislodged.

what switch where??? its the factory fitted cobra alarm! and to top it off ive just managed to rest it??? and its now stopped? also i may need some new batteries for the key fob! anyone tell me what size batteries they need? there watch batteries i take it???

Enid
20-08-2005, 18:37
This happened to me the other day after i disconnected my battery. After disconnecting the battery again and reconnecting it it shut up.

Daz
20-08-2005, 18:43
The problem is the standard alarm :lol:

Most people just rip them out and put something else in..

I've got the standard one on my Williams, but it still does go off randomly.. often go back to the car and it's telling me it's been activated.

Mattie
20-08-2005, 18:43
iv also got this problem!!!! i did exactly same fing with disconecting to charge the batery and now wen i turn it bk on just keeps goin off!!! so iv had 2 turn it off :?

how did u get urs 2 stop screamin?...

no there not watch baterys! there like an AAA batery but smaller! :shock:

FATBOY
20-08-2005, 18:45
poxy things!!!! its got a mind of its own! its ok now???? but where is this switch under the bonnet that could be dislodged??? all i can see is the siren and the key hole(with the key in it at all times cos its a mare struggling to get the key in when hurrying up cos its going off) even my bastard neighbour moaned cos my mum didnt know how to turn it off! he says anything again im gonna moan about his yappy dog!!! lol

Daz
20-08-2005, 18:51
The bonnet pin - the bit which tells the alarm if the bonnet is open or closed.
It's above the passenger headlight.

FATBOY
20-08-2005, 18:56
cheers mate! didnt know of that! another thing. what set it off??? am i right and is bighp right in saying that when the battery gets low on power it triggers the alarm as a warning????? cos i cant see any other way how it got set off???(its locked up and covered) and i only use the car at weekends so it must drop a bit of charge during the week with just the alarm being powered?

Daz
20-08-2005, 20:11
If the power drops enough, it might think someone is tampering with it, yes.

The alarm's just weird, hehe.

BRUN
21-08-2005, 01:23
mine used to go off randomly, and it was the bonnet switch

had fell off, rusted to ****, and generally not in very good condition, replaced that and touch wood its never gone off randomly since

katbloke
21-08-2005, 09:34
The alarm when it goes off should give ya a fault indication in the way it beeps b4 it goes off and the lil red should flash x amount of times indicating the zone.

BRUN
21-08-2005, 20:05
u checked the bonnet thing fatboy ?

FATBOY
21-08-2005, 20:26
yes mate! seemed ok! shes been alright for the past day and fingers crossed it stays that way!!!

BRUN
21-08-2005, 22:22
yup mines been ok too since i sorted that

kj16v
22-08-2005, 21:08
Where is the boot trigger? Does it use the same switch as the boot light?

BRUN
30-08-2005, 17:31
its kind of above the passenger side headlight, though mine had kind of fell off, it was around that area