PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Reados
02-07-2012, 14:10
Hi All,
Thought I'd introduce myself as I've been a long time lurker on here and have found the advice and info invaluable so thanks!
Like many of you, I fell in love with the Williams as soon as I clapped eyes on it and promised myself that I'd own one as soon as I could afford the insurance! Anyway, it wasn't long before I was the proud owner of a mint Williams 3, reg N554AND (still around?/ anyone on here?) Unfortunately, I ended up selling it as a house move meant I no longer had anywhere to keep it and I've regretted it ever since.
So fast forward 5 years and I was on the look out for another one. After trawling the classifieds for about 6 months looking for a well looked after example, I ended up acting completely on impulse and bought an MOT failure with limited history for £800 and for the past 8 months have started to bring it back to its former glory! Now I know most of you are probably thinking that for £800 it must be an absolute wreck with a chequered past but it turns out I may have fallen on my feet as its number 0087 which I believe belonged to a member on here and a quick search brings up more some useful history on the car. It appears that after Matt Wills sold it to a dealer, it was subsequently sold on to the fella I bought it from who pretty much neglected any routine maintenance for 4 years!
So in short, it needs a lot of tlc but the shell is solid, it's only covered 103k miles and as of last week has 12 months MOT!
Anyway I'm sure I'll be tapping into your knowledge as the project continues but right now I'm just pleased another Williams is alive and officially road legal!

diditno
02-07-2012, 14:34
welcome. any pics of it?

Reados
02-07-2012, 15:09
Sorry, I'm useless with pics. I was going to do a photo diary of various stages of restoration but never got round to it!
Its in the bodyshop next week so I'll get some up when it's looking better!

LEIGH-ANNE
02-07-2012, 18:07
Ahh matts old car, yes i believe that was 87.

So are you still near reading then?

Reados
02-07-2012, 18:58
No, Notts. I bought it from a guy in north Wales tho.

Wobba
02-07-2012, 19:18
Matt Wills's old car eh! He is still on my Facebook list somewhere. He had a whole garage full of cars, I think he missed the Williams though.

Reados
02-07-2012, 20:21
When I bought it it came with a box full of suspension parts- genuine de carbon ones but strangely not Williams items. I'll have to get the part numbers up to see if anyone can shed any light on them.

LEIGH-ANNE
02-07-2012, 20:38
yer that sounds about right

northy
02-07-2012, 21:31
Mat wills car was very very nice when he had it. Got a few pictures of it too.

It was partex to a car dealer as he downgraded and bought a trophy!

£800 - wow it was up for ££££'s when I last saw it!!!

Ric Norris
16-07-2012, 09:12
I bought your old 3 off a forum member about 5 years ago. http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?16010-Williams-3-£1500&p=188492#post188492

I wish i'd never sold it now, it had a few issues but was generally a good one.