PDA

View Full Version : Minidisc

Coops
01-07-2012, 00:50
started a thread on C16V tonight..........figured the ageing audience on here may be a better bet ;-)

Been sorting all my old stuff ready to move to new house, and stumbled across my old portable minidisc player.

did anyone else get into minidisc in the late 90's early 2000's? god did i love them then, i had the stacking system and the top spec portables for a few years, used to love them compared to tape to nick mates cd's etc.

but the thing that still blows me away now, and yes i'm using it again, is the sound quality. i've had a gaypod nano for a few years, 4th gen i think it is, and just sort of accepted shite sound and got on with it, tried to buy decent earphones to compensate, but frankly, the amplification inside the modern stuff is just crap. i have oasis the masterplan on now and honestly i think i'm about to do a small sex wee, close my eye and i'm there in the 1998 on the front row, the sound is just so......just.........honestly try it!

or maybe i'm drunk and happy living in my past this evening ;-)

Coops
01-07-2012, 01:05
"So here I go, I'm still scratching around in the same old hole
My body feels young but my mind is very old
So what do you say?
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
Half the world away"

:-)

zmaster2k
01-07-2012, 10:55
Geeks of the world Unite!

LOL! I had a huge MD collection!

had a hi-fi deck and a .net Md recorder too! think its still in the attic somewhere!

FATBOY
01-07-2012, 16:30
ive got a few original minidisc albums still, and ive also got a sony hi-fi seperate which is still rigged up (never use it though). and also years ago when i first got my williams, i put a kenwood minidisc header unit in the car (with cd multichanger)

Daz.
01-07-2012, 16:35
I paid MEGA ££££ for a Sony minidisc recorder!

I loved my portable minidisc payer.

Even dabbled with DAT for a while - to me that was superior.

Smokey McPot
01-07-2012, 23:15
DAT Was the gold standard for recordings music.

Got a **** load of minidiscs and a Sony separate somewhere...

no_data
13-11-2012, 18:11
I still got a minidisc player in one of my cars, love it, no jumping or skipping

dave17
13-11-2012, 19:23
i had minidisks for years and years.. then one day, i had my minidisk player on the passenger dash in my clio with the windows down... guess where the minidisk player went!!!

Never had one since.

Great Topic Coops.