PDA

View Full Version : Bromley Pageant and Le Mans 2012

MG1980
20-06-2012, 15:42
Firstly, to those responsible, awesome work on the new website. Massive improvement!

Secondly, had a busy month on the Williams front, so I've created a photo album for those that are interested.

First up, I displayed the car at the Bromley Motoring Pageant on Sunday 10th June care of an invite from Will Brown - top lad and a great bunch of Renault enthusiasts there too. I'd just finished a thorough detail and decals for Le Mans the previous day, so a perfect opportunity to show off the car in the summer sunshine! I've put up a few pics of the car being decalled and a few on the RAOC display at the pageant. A few lovely Renault's there too - Mk2 5 Turbo, 8, GTAs, plenty of V6s, a Trophy and two little Willys courtesy of Will and myself.

Next up was a fine week in Le Mans. We headed down on Tuesday 12th and came back on the 18th, so had a full week there for a change. The weather was awesome, and although the race wasn't as dramatic as last year, it still didn't disappoint! I managed to catch up with Ben Nichols from here who was also in Rothman's livery, but after drinking my body-weight in stubbies, didn't get a chance to grab of picture of both cars together.

I've included a few pics of the car and a few of the boys 'messing around'. I'm in the red cap and Renault overalls. The co-driver is my housemate!

I also had a bit of a touch at the end of the Aston Martin race series, as I was given a brand new Prodrive Magnesium forged rim from the class winning Vantage V12 GT2 car. They had one left in the garage and I was first on the scene. The wheel is a front and more than twice the width of the Williams wheels... Bloody light though! Since found out the brand new rim is worth £1.5K as it is... Just need to find a race team to sell it to! Pics also attached!!

http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w444/MG290180/Le%20Mans%20-%20Bromley%20Pageant%202012/ (http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w444/MG290180/Le%20Mans%20-%20Bromley%20Pageant%202012/)

Anyway...... Enjoy!

Willbee
20-06-2012, 15:58
Cheers for posting up the photos dude. The pageant was a laugh, but Le Mans must have kicked it into touch! Great stuff, and hopefully I'll join you next year.