PDA

View Full Version : Silly question

Mrbrightsi
19-06-2012, 18:42
Having just found out both of the silencers on my very very old custom made exhaust have turned to glass inside (The awful tinkly rattling is killing me) I need a replacement.

Key question is, do i go for coops side exit knowing that it will kill all the torque of the lovely grunty N/A engine, or do i save up for a standard exhaust, as much as i hate the drone of this decatted thing, its full chat sound is a pleasure and the popping on overun quite plesant too, id rather not lose those aspects, but the creeping down my road at night in neutral to keep the world happy is getting boring.

What do i do? Throw money at coops and lose power, or bide my time and go standard?

Thanks.

LEIGH-ANNE
19-06-2012, 18:59
I may have a backbox for sale, i still need to get out there and actually find out what it is. Its too loud for me now for an everyday car. Others dont think its that loud at all. Its sounds like its either a scorpion or a magnex.

Mrbrightsi
19-06-2012, 19:07
Both silencers are done on the car, so unfortunately it looks like i need a full cat back system. Thanks for the offer though :)

LEIGH-ANNE
19-06-2012, 19:09
I have that too. I have 3 cats i think