PDA

View Full Version : 172 engine, uprated cams and new belts done yesterday by MWM

chip
14-06-2012, 15:13
Basically I was going to use my phase 1 on track this weekend at FCS but in typical last minute fashion I have just got hold of some secondhand engine dynamics cams for it (the ones that are basically a copy of the columbo and bariani ones) which Mike from MWM said he would fit for me as I was flat out with work this week so had no time to do myself.

These were fitted yesterday, (its literally done all of 10 miles since) with brand new renault cambelt kit and brandnew renault aux belt kit but today I have now arranged to buy another clio instead (we already have 3, and 8 other cars so its getting a bit silly now, lol) and hence I need to get shot of this one now I have no use for it, so I am going to break the car now, which is a bit of a shame really, as I have just put a new MOT on it last month a well and it does drive nicely etc but they are worth more in bits than whole of course!

Engine is still in the car at the moment so can be test driven, but obviously bare in mind that it hasnt been mapped yet so its not making the power it will do once it has been, and at the moment its still on standard inlet and exhaust (that was going to be the next jobs I did) which is also going to stop the cams doing what they will once installed in your car with the right bits on them

Even without being mapped and on standard exhaust etc it already pulls very strongly from 5K onwards though as you would expect with 210-220bhp (on ITBs) cams in it and still works well at low RPM too, no dephaser noise or any smoke or anything, it is just a generally cracking little engine really. Being a phase 1 its got the bigger exhaust ports on the head etc of course, and its got 120K miles on the engine.

Quite happy to let anyone who wants to testdrive it etc have a go while its still in the car to check its all ok and then I will take a non refundable deposit of 200 pounds and then remove the engine, until Ive got a deposit though I will leave it in the car so please bare in mind that its going to be a week or two (depending on when I get a chance as am very busy at the moment) after its testdriven before the engine is actually out and ready for collection.

Price is 600 pounds including the aircon compressor and alternator etc as well (ie everything that you need to leave on to keep the newly fitted belt still in place), or 550 pounds if you dont want these bits.

Mike from MWM will im sure be happy to confirm that its just had both the new belts (plus all tensioners and idlers etc) fitted by him yesterday and that at the same time he fitted the 2ndhand cams I supplied and that he has testdriven it and confirm it drives well and no nasty rattles or anything etc.

PS, if you want to put it in a car as an engine converstion (mk1 clio for example), then I am happy to leave the inlet manifolds and throttle body etc on for the same money.

chip
15-06-2012, 10:16
Sold