PDA

View Full Version : Sadev 5 speed fitting

KingStromba
19-08-2005, 15:53
Anyone any idea how easy / hard it is to actually fit the 5 speed sadev box.

I cant find a decent 6 speed on the second hand market, but ive sourced a 5 speed at a goodish price.

Also how easy to fit a 5 speed from a lhd car to a rhd car? Is there any major difficulty?

clowo16v
19-08-2005, 16:13
LHD or RHD makes no difference the engine still faces the same way.

See ya

Matt

KingStromba
19-08-2005, 17:49
Cheers, im not 100% convinced sadev made a 5 speed, i think they did, but its hard translating information from French and Spanish all the time, i know i get misinformation sometimes this way.

Winston
19-08-2005, 17:53
Droooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

KingStromba
19-08-2005, 17:55
I know the linkages will be the hardest part to fit, so im going to try to get a box straight out of a 16v / williams shell with all linkages attatched.

I know someone to rebuild it.

Will i have any other probs.

Rich
19-08-2005, 18:05
just the dent in your wallet i reckon!

dimkais
19-08-2005, 18:10
Cheers, im not 100% convinced sadev made a 5 speed, i think they did, but its hard translating information from French and Spanish all the time, i know i get misinformation sometimes this way.

Rob, i am lookin for a gearbox too.I sent a mail to Sadev and this is what they said
Dear Demitris

I am sorry but Sadev do not make Syncromesh gear kits, we only work with dog engaugment on H Pattern units and produce 95% sequential gearboxes.
I am sorry we can not help you this time.

Regards Steve Waudby
SWR Motorsport Ltd.
What have you find so far?There is a company in Italy making everything about gearboxes.If you want ,tell me to give you their site.
Better prices than UK tho.
Dimitris

KingStromba
19-08-2005, 20:14
My plan was to buy a second hand ex rally car from spain with a sadev already fitted - they seem pretty cheap - and transfer the box across along with any uprated parts.

I may need a couple of trips to spain to get it sorted (good excuse for a holiday), but the advantage of doing it this way is that all the likages are already on the car and its just a case of making them fit your car (which they should do).

Aparently the boxes fit easily, but its the linkages that cause problems.

Obviously the sequential box has a lsd as standard too so i wouldnt need to purchase one separately.

Justin..
19-08-2005, 20:44
Are you on about a g.box that you just push the lever forward to change gear? Do they have clutches like a manual?

KingStromba
19-08-2005, 21:01
I believe that the gear change can be 'clutchless', and the car automatically drops the revs when you move the gearlever, then reapplies them when the car is back in gear.

I also beleive the car needs to be mapped to suit the box characteristics.

BenR
19-08-2005, 21:29
Be careful with your search.
earlier GrpA boxs were still H pattern and 5 speed, might want to double and triple check with the sellers that it is 100% sequential.

The gearbox will only cut the fuel/ignition if you have an ECU controlled full throttle shift setup, if not, just lift and reapply throttle for a fraction of a second, always the way i've done it and more fun to drive imo.

i've never seen a mk1 shell with a modern sequantial sadev in it.

KingStromba
19-08-2005, 21:32
Ive seen loads on videos, and on spanish classified sites there are a few. I cant find any in this country although i have the sadev UK agents name now thanks to Nick Hill.

Martin
19-08-2005, 21:44
Sequential would be awesome....looks class in the rally vids, suppose it helps to have 260 bhp or so lol. Stromba just build a Maxi...then let me have a go! :wink:

2 live
19-08-2005, 23:12
when i enquired about these the message i got from sadev was that they didnt make the gearsets for the 5 speeds any more, which put me off sourcing a 2nd hand one as a rebuild would be expensive, but the 6 speed sequential can be had in 2 specs. road and race, with the race box being the cheaper of the two

BenR
20-08-2005, 00:16
Ive seen loads on videos, and on spanish classified sites there are a few. I cant find any in this country although i have the sadev UK agents name now thanks to Nick Hill.

who, SWR

maybe i'm not watching enough videos.

2 live
20-08-2005, 00:50
theres also redline motorsport....but they deal with swr too.