PDA

View Full Version : How often do you guys

Andyvalver
19-08-2005, 12:52
:D

Enid
19-08-2005, 12:56
Every now and then on some of my favourite country roads. Most of the time I just take it easy and mind my own business. Also in the williams you can make suprisingly rapid progress without going over 3.5k such is the nature of the beast :D

Andyvalver
19-08-2005, 12:59
Country roads are my best friends. I often take the longest route home ever from work to go for a blast.

Jamie.
19-08-2005, 13:03
i often want to drive faster/more aggresivley than i am able to.....as i car share to and from work and i cannot drive like a twat and lose my car sharee as that wud cost me £20 a week :cry: so i just take my fiances car now...saves temptation

Andyvalver
19-08-2005, 13:07
:shock: Your missin out mate lol. Get ya willy out and go for a blast :shock:

Jamie.
19-08-2005, 13:16
i just take it out on the weekend now, and sometimes after work. id say i only do abt 100 miles in it a week and a round trip to work is 40 which i usually do once/twice a week in the williams....the point being; i probably only do bout 40 ish miles a week where i can really wing her abt although i dont really give her a beasting too much anyway, so yer i am missing out a bit (cheers for reminding me :cry: ) but at least the mileage is low and it doesnt get too much of a ragging so it shud go on for longer (fingers crossed, dont wana be jinxing me car), well thats what i tell meself anyway! lol

Tommo
19-08-2005, 13:32
Don't drive fast very often tbh, stick to 60mph on inside lane of motorway to and from work, occasionally taking the longer back road B-road way home for a blast. Seems a waste really, like u I would like a second car and use the willy at the w'ends for fun blasts but lack of funds permit me from doing this..... :(

Jamie.
19-08-2005, 13:41
Don't drive fast very often tbh, stick to 60mph on inside lane of motorway to and from work, occasionally taking the longer back road B-road way home for a blast. Seems a waste really, like u I would like a second car and use the willy at the w'ends for fun blasts but lack of funds permit me from doing this..... :(

yer im very lucky that i am amble to borrow my fiances car 3/4 days a week and car share the other in a 2 week time period. when i got a job 20 miles away from where i live i initally shat it at the idea of having to do a 200 mile work run a week, although it hasnt actually turned out too bad in the end! i would like a 2nd car especailly next year when ill prob have to commute a further distance to and from work. i had me eye on a pug 306 hdi around w plate, look really nice and great on motorway, 90mph at 3k or was it 3.5k i cant remember, anyway mate has one and really liked it.

KingStromba
19-08-2005, 14:22
Thrashing a car just makes you look like a chav.

The only experience i have of driving in cars with experienced racers was on the evo shoot.

None of them took any of the cars too close to the red line, and yet all were impressively quick and safe drivers. They all seemed to change 1000 or so revs before the limiter in all gears and none of the cars felt like they were being thrashed. Yet dispite this they drove those cars round the corners faster with control than anyone i have seen before, bar professionals on tv.

I think its a fallacy that you have to limit out the engine to travel fast. Power drops off at the top of alot of engines anyway, and then you lose time bouncing off the limiter.

Zollo
19-08-2005, 14:28
This is true Stromba. But it's good to do it every now and again, just for the hell of it :P

big hp
19-08-2005, 14:48
I only give mine stick every now and again. I don't feel the need to prove i'm driving a reasonably quick car. Anybody in the know knows what i've got and roughly what it can do. I like to drive steadyish with my paint gleaming :oops:

Don't think i've ever had anyone tailgate me in a car which is what i'd call a serious threat, scoobies evo's etc. Its always some twat in a mondeo or shit rover. I have nothing to prove to people like that.

Winston
19-08-2005, 15:33
TBH, Once its warmed up.....it gets trashed

The trackday has turn'd me into a mad man..........I need to chill lol

Andyvalver
19-08-2005, 15:41
This is true Stromba. But it's good to do it every now and again, just for the hell of it :P

It is true, if you have a 2.0 with bags of torque. Meanwhile my 1.8 like to see 7k :wink:

clowo16v
19-08-2005, 15:49
At least once a journey once the oil has warmed up I give the car a good thrashing. Can't see the point of driving em slow they were designed to be driven hard.

See ya

Matt

Andyvalver
19-08-2005, 15:50
I like this man^^ :D