PDA

View Full Version : Odd oil leak (new clutch needed again)

Mark_Ritchspeed
18-08-2005, 20:42
It appears that I need to renew my clutch again due to oil soaking into the clutch face. I have already renewed the crankshaft oil seal (which didnt appear to be leaking anyway) so I dont think its that. Couldnt see any leaks from the sump gasket and there only seems to be a very small weep from the rocker gasket. Not enough to run down the block and soak the plate.

I will be stripping it down again in the next few days but if I can see no obvious leaks from the engine (I couldnt before) I am starting to suspect that maybe the gearbox main shaft is leaking. Anyone else experienced this before? I noticed last time the release bearing seemed to be quite oily.

I'm not 100% sure, but I wonder if the seals in the Kangoo box arent as good as the Willy box when revving it to over 7k constantly. Anyone else experienced this before or am I missing something entirely thats right in front of my eyes? :?

Slithers
18-08-2005, 20:56
Is it possible to find out if the oil on it is G/box or engine oil?, if you can find that out it would certainly narrow down your search.

But i reackon a leak from the main shaft would almost certainly work its way down to the plate.

Mark_Ritchspeed
18-08-2005, 21:05
Its not enough for me to be able to tell and as my gearbox oil is so new it doesnt smell like normal box oil.

Its only a small leak either way and so cant tell from the levels of the box or engine oil.

I'm just puzzled as I spent quite a while the last time I had it apart looking for the leak before renewing the the crankshaft seal anyway. Funnily enough the rear of the flywheel was dry which is why I am expecting its the box.

katbloke
18-08-2005, 21:22
Input shaft seal and gasket?

Mark_Ritchspeed
18-08-2005, 21:40
Possibly.Will give it another good inspection when it all comes apart (again).
Have you had one go on yours before?