PDA

View Full Version : Replicating Law for Stickers

Bigfoot
13-05-2012, 22:51
Anyone got any idea on this as just got a message from renault group on eBay:

---------

Madam, mister

These images are the property of Renault or of third parties having granted Renault authorization to use them.

You don't have authorization to sell these products.

Any such practice is strictly forbidden by law, and punishable by up to three years’ imprisonment and a fine of up to €300,000.

Please delete immediately all contents relating to this illegal practice.

Very warmly,

Renault Group.

----------

Any ideas will be great.

Thank you.

wrighty
13-05-2012, 23:25
Ouch that is a surprise!

I would like to know if you can still in fact purchase these items?

You could argue that they are not exact replicas just close matches?

Bigfoot
13-05-2012, 23:28
Yeah, suprise that sent it at midnight from an account which have just been opened.

They didn't say both sets as I have still got the renault 5 gt turbo replica sets as well.

Tomorrow going to send them a message asking for copyright info about renault stickers and contact information.

Obviously dont want to risk getting fined but wouldn't remove till I have more info on this really.

wrighty
13-05-2012, 23:32
Keep us all posted! I hope it is not some joker that is trying to scare monger you and I also hope it is some ways it is as these resources help keep the brand of these cars going!

Bigfoot
13-05-2012, 23:36
Will keep you posted. I feel that without all these things of replicating items when not available from renault any more it helps keep these cars alive.

Im currently helping out restoring a Ford Consul where parts are definately not easily available and we are having to recreate a lot of the things to replace rusted items, all these cars will be off the road and broken if this sort of thing couldn't happen.

MatBrown
14-05-2012, 00:08
Doesn't sound real to me.

jock
14-05-2012, 01:22
Wording sounds a bit amateur, is there anyone else flogging them? On the other hand there's a big difference selling them in public on ebay as an apparent business, than quietly on an enthusiast site by word of mouth or in a members only area. ;-)

p4cks
14-05-2012, 10:14
It's bullshit. Why would Renault contact you directly, as opposed to contacting eBay to have the items removed?

Ignore, and delete.

FATBOY
14-05-2012, 11:03
they dont make them anymore though_??

TooSkive
14-05-2012, 11:30
Sounds like Rob Barrington on a windup as I doubt Renault would word it that way. Sign up on renaultsport.co.uk and speak to Jeremy RUK, he will know if it's real or not.

snowman
14-05-2012, 12:17
really has got issues