PDA

View Full Version : Rear suspension silly question

Lathafummi
08-05-2012, 13:52
Right im sure this is a daft question but is it possible to lower the beam/torsion bar settings more at one side?
Just asking because I was looking at the back of my car and the drivers side rear is sat lower (not by much) I was wondering if its possible before I jack the car up, take the wheel off etc to find out it cant be done.
Thanks in advance
Denis

diditno
08-05-2012, 13:58
It is possible to of had the torsion bar lowered to much on one side, as you do each side seperately, It may however be a knackered damper?. Both are easy fixes if you have a moderate bit of technical knowledge.

Wobba
08-05-2012, 14:52
If it is a tiny amount, I wouldn't worry too much. I think it was Coops that said all of them seem to be out a bit as I asked the same question years ago. You could in theory get it very wrong, and if you think this is the case then I would take both bars out and reset.

Lathafummi
08-05-2012, 15:06
Thanks guys. Its sat about a inch lower on the back right. Bugs me as it makes it look really fat ;) might sort it as I need some "garage time"

Coops
08-05-2012, 15:54
theres an optical illusion created as well by the rear exit exhaust and the cutout. I measured mine years ago and found it was exactly same both sides from bottom of bumper to floor and from centre of both rear wheel arches to the floor. but it looked wonky!lol!

it was also exaggerated by the fact bumper was sat slightly wrong on passenger side as well

Coops
08-05-2012, 15:55
an inch is a lot however and usually the illusion is looking lower on the side with the zorst. as mentioned, check shocker first and go from there :D

Lathafummi
09-05-2012, 16:39
Ill check the shock and im measuring through wheel center to lip of arch from the ground