PDA

View Full Version : 0425 - Official Press Release

glyn211269
01-05-2012, 16:46
I’m sure most people on here will have seen that Darren has sadly and reluctantly had to put his beloved 0425 up for sale. The very 0425 that many of us (maybe with the exception Matt Brown!!) have drooled over in Autocar and at the FCS, NEC etc and is probably the most immaculate and sound Williams we see in circulation. Perhaps I’ve drooled over it more than most…

Well, as a result of putting this fine vehicle up for sale, someone has had to buy it…and that lucky person was me. Which I still can’t quite believe to be honest!

The deal was agreed a few weeks ago but was only concluded this past weekend. That’s why I’ve kept a bit quite about it until now…although a few clever folks sniffed around and sussed it! I’ve also not wanted to shout about it too much in respect to Darren who I’m sure is understandably sad to have to say goodbye to his pride and joy.

But anyway, I want everyone to know that 0425 is in very good hands and will be looked after and loved to the same impeccable standards that Darren has lavished on her over the years. That’s the very least I can do in recognition to the time, money and personal effort that Darren has invested in her over the years to have made her into the remarkable show winning car that she is. I can assure everyone, but especially to Darren, that she will want for nothing and the only person that will get a spanner to her will be the trusted hands of Dan who knows her inside out already.

I know I don’t show my face in public too often due to work/home commitments, but I’ll definitely be coming along to the FCS in June so you can all grill me then to make sure I’m up the job of looking after her to the required standard and to see that I’m doing so in the manner which she deserves and is accustomed too!!

This’ll be my second Williams now having owned 0041 for about four years now. So I’ve been through the joy and pain of William’s ownership, and have learned all those things you do about crap gearboxes and rusty arches! Armed back then with my beginners knowledge, 0041 was the best Williams 1 I could find at the time but over the years I realised that my drive for perfection was demanding an absolute minter which is why I jumped at the chance of 0425 and that’s why she’ll be staying in the immaculate maintained condition that’s she’s is now.

But for now she seems to be settling in to her new garage and I’ve whispered into her wheelarch that she'll be ok and everything will be fine … :)

16v_russ
01-05-2012, 16:55
Congrats mate, pics? ;)

MG1980
01-05-2012, 18:00
Good work fella! Gutted I'm not going to be at the FCS to see the holy grail that is 0425. Great purchase!

glyn211269
01-05-2012, 18:04
Congrats mate, pics? ;)

I'm guessing you've never seen 0425 in the flesh then?? Just do a search om here for "0425" ;-)

talkingfish
01-05-2012, 19:11
:bye: :bye: :bye:

Good-bye my pride and joy! I'll miss you but I know you are in safe hands.

Red_Dash
01-05-2012, 19:46
Looking forward to seeing it at FCS 8)

Wobba
01-05-2012, 20:09
:bye: :bye: :bye:

Good-bye my pride and joy! I'll miss you but I know you are in safe hands.

The King is Dead. Long Live the King.

Coops
01-05-2012, 20:53
amen to the above

still can't believe Darren actually let it go though, i honestly thought it was all a big hoax!

congratulations on a truly excellent purchase, i have had the pleasure of working on this vehicle as well over the years and its never wanted for anything, long may this continue with its new custodian.

Darren, i trust you will be back in the fold one day, perhaps with a different spin on the joys of owning a williams ;-)

talkingfish
01-05-2012, 21:27
Trust me it was a very hard decision to let it go but at the end of the day you can't live in a car, lol!!

I am sure I will return to the fold at some point once finances have been sorted :wink:

northy
01-05-2012, 22:19
Keep in touch mate!

GO ON DARREN!!!!!!

icenutter
02-05-2012, 06:50
Congratulations; I'm jealous!

16v_paddy
02-05-2012, 06:58
Congrats mate, pics? ;)

I'm guessing you've never seen 0425 in the flesh then?? Just do a search om here for "0425" ;-)

I'm with russ, sod searching :roll: we demand new pics in it's new home right the fcuk now :P

glyn211269
02-05-2012, 07:59
Congrats mate, pics? ;)

I'm with russ, sod searching :roll: we demand new pics in it's new home right the fcuk now :P

Well you're gonna have to wait as I work away from home during the week and we're away all this coming weekend too so I wont even have time to have a shit let alone pander to your demands! :-P

Coops
02-05-2012, 08:53
good lad Darren,

still reckon you should of bought a bungalow or something, kept the Williams ;-)

glyn211269
02-05-2012, 09:09
good lad Darren,

still reckon you should of bought a bungalow or something, kept the Williams ;-)

Or a caravan??? If they're good enough for gypos...

FATBOY
02-05-2012, 17:29
nice one fella! see ya at FCS :D

talkingfish
02-05-2012, 19:33
good lad Darren,

Or a caravan??? If they're good enough for gypos...

Are you saying I'm a pikey, lol!!! :shock:

talkingfish
02-05-2012, 19:35
I am on the look out for a suitable "project" car but there's not a lot about tbh at the moment..... As I say, I am sure I shall return.... :wink:

glyn211269
02-05-2012, 19:47
I am on the look out for a suitable "project" car but there's not a lot about tbh at the moment..... As I say, I am sure I shall return.... :wink:

0041 will be looking for a new home very soon ;-)

northy
02-05-2012, 21:00

What to go though a full restoration again????

talkingfish
02-05-2012, 21:03

Nah, just something I can tinker with over time..... There was nothing left to do on 0425, lol!!! (I can only potentially afford a car that is "project" money anyways :wink: )

talkingfish
02-05-2012, 21:03

:wink:

northy
02-05-2012, 21:50

Nah, just something I can tinker with over time..... There was nothing left to do on 0425, lol!!! (I can only potentially afford a car that is "project" money anyways :wink: )

Crazy mate tbh.

But I kind of understand.

glyn211269
02-05-2012, 22:02

:wink:

Well, 0041 wont be going anywhere for a while :wink:

vkosho
09-05-2012, 22:06
Respect for letting it go, I would have struggled with that. Good to see its still in the family though. Might have to trip down to Crewe for a look sometime.

northy
09-05-2012, 22:13
:saycheese: :doit: :flogging: :banned:

glyn211269
09-05-2012, 22:26
Respect for letting it go, I would have struggled with that. Good to see its still in the family though. Might have to trip down to Crewe for a look sometime.

You'd be very welcome to pop in!...in fact I've just read your comprehensive thread about the restoration of your 281...interesting as 425 was all done at LC Smart repairs too....and thought it'd be interesting to see yours, espescially as my other half lives in south Manchester. Where in south manc are you exactly? I see you know Carol Anne as well, only had a mail from her yesterday. She's pretty close to you being from Stockport... we all need to get ourselves out this summer for a meet up :-)

northy
09-05-2012, 22:36
All the boys know CA

talkingfish
10-05-2012, 20:42
There's a hole in my heart and its Williams shaped.... lol!!!

Daz.
10-05-2012, 22:41
There's a hole in my heart and its Williams shaped.... lol!!!

Tell me about it - mines been gone 3 1/2 years and I still pine for one!

2 live
10-05-2012, 23:14
Trust me it was a very hard decision to let it go but at the end of the day you can't live in a car, lol!!

I am sure I will return to the fold at some point once finances have been sorted :wink:

sorry you had to let it go mate......you can live in a car......but you cant race a house ;)

Coops
11-05-2012, 11:40
you can, just need a big ass lorry to put it on ;-)