PDA

View Full Version : Calling Wobba, Flan, Ben Nichols, stevie_b, Fab, 16V Paddy

MG1980
30-04-2012, 14:04
Chaps,

A few of you are either confirmed or shown an interest in Le Mans. I wanted to start a thread to see who is going, and what dates / routes people are taking there and back. I'm most likely going Tuesday 12th-Monday 18th June, but I can flex on that a bit for the sake of a convoy!

I've checked out prices for ferries (Dover-Calais) and Le Shuttle below. I've been via the tunnel every year, but ferries are more fun for a convoy chilling on the top deck with a cold Becks and a smoke! Cheaper too!

Le Shuttle - £75 each way
Ferry - £30 each way (Norfolkline - Dover - Calais)

Both the above are at reasonable times of day, like 11am and back at 6pm.

So who's in? If the dates don't suit, let me know, and I'll PM my number for a catch up over there. On the Friday there is a route we normally take for a B-Road blast and breakfast a bit away from Arnage... Some stellar roads!

See my other post for a camping option at www.whiterabbitracing.co.uk

Wobba
30-04-2012, 14:12
I nee to pull my finger out and sort stuff out if I am to be able to make it.

I ill try! Need a car trip holiday tbh lol.

MG1980
30-04-2012, 14:48
I nee to pull my finger out and sort stuff out if I am to be able to make it.

I ill try! Need a car trip holiday tbh lol.

Do it!! A group of Williams', a crate of Kronenburg, BBQ going, sun on your back, hot French chicks and the sound of the Corvettes going past (not those naff diesels!) You know it makes sense...

16v_paddy
30-04-2012, 16:04
Unfortunately I can't make it :cry: Going to the ring in a week or so

MG1980
30-04-2012, 16:10
Unfortunately I can't make it :cry: Going to the ring in a week or so

Have fun at the ring bro. I'm out in October and travelling back via a track day at Spa!!

Ben Nichols 1979
30-04-2012, 17:57
We are going Friday on the 7am fast ferry from Portsmouth to Caen and then the 8:15 Sunday night from Cherbourg. Expect to be at the circuit for about 1 pm. Anyone going that way? £230 crossing rtn and 90 miles the other side to the circuit. I will be in bed for 10:30 Sunday night - result! Been on too many Dover - Calais runs at silly O'clock. Plus too many plod on the route now - they know we are coming! Fancy a meet up at Arnage Friday night for a convoy?
Ben

MG1980
30-04-2012, 18:13
We are going Friday on the 7am fast ferry from Portsmouth to Caen and then the 8:15 Sunday night from Cherbourg. Expect to be at the circuit for about 1 pm. Anyone going that way? £230 crossing rtn and 90 miles the other side to the circuit. I will be in bed for 10:30 Sunday night - result! Been on too many Dover - Calais runs at silly O'clock. Plus too many plod on the route now - they know wIe are coming! Fancy a meet up at Arnage Friday night for a convoy?
Ben

Totally up for that. Yeah, police are a shocker... Hiding in bushes with cameras cammo'd up! You'd get on the sex offenders register for that over here!! I'll pm you my number!

stevie_b
30-04-2012, 20:53
Sorry, won't be able to make it this year as I'm at the 'Ring that weekend as I am in Holland/Belgium the week after. Have fun and make sure you get some good photos of the Williams convoy/camp down there.