PDA

View Full Version : just after some info really

m4rkj
25-04-2012, 15:19
i aint been on here for years so not sure if its in the right section so here goes:

im after peoples opinions that have used bbpt before as in the workman ship are they good people to let loose on your engine etc, i know they went bump a few years ago but have re opened as engine dynamics i know a lot of people had the turbo conversion done by them when they was open.
the reason being as i now have a megane r26 ive had it for 3 and half years but now want more power out of it and they are offering a full rebuild with uprated forged internals etc for £2k but id rather pay a bit extra if they are just going to bodge it so to speak thanks in advance

ThRaXaIR
25-04-2012, 15:31
Last i heard they had become rubbish. depends if they've changed staff now i guess....but i wouldnt know about that...

m4rkj
25-04-2012, 15:50
probably worth paying that bit extra and have someone who knows what their doing do it then but ill wait for a bit more feedback first

Coops
25-04-2012, 16:39
RS Tuning in leeds have a good rep with meganes I believe

BBPT were completely useless when I first got the turbo and needed help after the first blow up, so I did it on my own.

jamiecrookston83
25-04-2012, 16:52
I had rs tuning in leeds remap my 225 cup. They done a great job. Paul and specky are top guys. Worth giving them a shout. Be careful though to much torque and the conrods are known to bend and destroy the engines as they share the same rods from the 172/182's. I'm sitting at 270bhp with 285ibt. Do you have any mods already on the car?

m4rkj
25-04-2012, 17:22
i know rs tuning are good as im an active member of meganesport.net people travel from germany just to have a remap off him .i know his 26r is currently running 510bhp so i know he is more than capable of doing the engine but i was looking to save my self some penny's lol my car is standard at the min i dont really want to tune it yet without having uprated internals coz like you say they only have the 172 con rods in and are prone to bending

jamiecrookston83
25-04-2012, 18:35
Thing is. It depends how far you want to go. My mate steven878 on meganesport.net has went crazy with his. Forged internals cams etc etc. But he's spent mega money. All i've done is an uprated ktr intercooler. Miltek cat back. samco hoses. Forge actuator/blanking plate and dv. itg replacement filter and custom remap. Thats as far as i'm going

m4rkj
25-04-2012, 18:42
i know you can spend silly money its the same with any car you want to tune i may just leave it standard and buy something that comes with more power as standard but then i like it when better cars try to have you and you wipe the smile off the face when you leave them for dead