PDA

View Full Version : JC5 Williams gearbox

cliokiz
18-04-2012, 12:22
Please read the description thoroughly:

I have in my hybrid a JC5 014 Williams gearbox, which I will be removing in the next couple of months.

The reason being is that the box doesn't appear to have a speedo drive, or there is something in the hole preventing my cable from fitting. I only noticed after fitting the gearbox.

This wouldn't be a problem for a track car on standalone management, however the stock ECU relies on a reading from the speedo sensor which is causing me issues, hence removing the box.

On the flip side, this is the tightest feeling JC5 box I've ever used, all the gears select perfectly including reverse and there's absolutely no crunching from the synchro's on gear changes.

The bolt holes on the top where the standard gearbox mount would fit have elongated, so the bolts quickly come loose, so you would need to subframe mount the gearbox using the mounts from a Renault 5 GT Turbo.

The gearbox is still in the car and anyone interested is more than welcome to come and drive the car to feel how good this gearbox is, before I remove it.

Price for the gearbox is £100. You are paying for a gearbox in proven excellent mechanical condition. Any buyer can leave a deposit to secure the gearbox.

I'm hoping to get it changed before FCS.

It's possible it does have a speedo drive but something could be stuck in the hole, but since the box is fitted to the car I can't get a good enough look to find out.

tutuur
18-04-2012, 13:28
Hi mate, most probably the end off the speedo cable broke off when removing it. Thats why you won't get any in.

If you have it off and could take it to FCS i will buy it mate!

cliokiz
18-04-2012, 14:17
From what I can see, it looks like the metal part of the speedo cable might have snapped in there but it's so difficult to say with it in the engine bay I couldn't say for sure.

I'll certainly do my best to get it swapped pre-FCS, as I want the car running properly for the show.