PDA

View Full Version : Pros and cons of the megane bottom end?

will.i.am.s2
11-04-2012, 20:32
evening all,

Im planning for the worst with my williams as i think my rattle at 3000rpm is most probably piston slap(havent verfiied this yet mind) ive also now got zero oil pressure on tick over so things arent looking so good for the old girl...

Anyway if im right a new bottom end will be required and i can remember reading somewere the megane bottom end mated to a willys head is the ultimate F7R engine. Can someone confirm that is correct and sum up what is involved in a nut shell in getting the job done?
lso
Thanks in advance..

diditno
11-04-2012, 20:45
If its any use I've got a full low comp bottom end for sale. Only done 1500 miles. Only want £500. The pistons cost me that

will.i.am.s2
11-04-2012, 20:47
Good price dude but im not looking for an exotic bottom end for this one !

tutuur
11-04-2012, 21:10
Internally the Megane f7r 710 engine is exactly the same as a f7r 700.
The newer f7r 714 is somewhat lighter and has a chain driven oil pump.

The thing you're talking about is using a complete meg. F7r with willy camshafts. The valves are 1mm bigger and head should flow better, only thing is the cams are milder...

will.i.am.s2
11-04-2012, 21:31
yeah i think that is what i meant ](*,)

problem there for me in using the whole meg engine is the fact they use coil packs instead of a dizzy. Could swap the lot if i picked a whole megane up but its a lot of work. So if i kept the willy head would it mate up without issue with the megane f7r 710 bottom end?

Wobba
11-04-2012, 23:06
yeah i think that is what i meant ](*,)

problem there for me in using the whole meg engine is the fact they use coil packs instead of a dizzy. Could swap the lot if i picked a whole megane up but its a lot of work. So if i kept the willy head would it mate up without issue with the megane f7r 710 bottom end?

Should do, but I am not sure if you need to swap over the oil level/temperature sender from the old F7R700 to the 710.

Keep the Williams flywheel to bolt on as well, or it wont work.

tutuur
12-04-2012, 13:22
Should do, but I am not sure if you need to swap over the oil level/temperature sender from the old F7R700 to the 710.

Keep the Williams flywheel to bolt on as well, or it wont work.

I've just finished my 2.0 lpt build and afaik the sensors are the same, however i bought the F7R in parts and stripped a f7p for parts down so not really sure which one i used...

will.i.am.s2
14-04-2012, 19:43
cheers guys, will be the route i take once i get the verdict on my engine noises :(