PDA

View Full Version : Brake issues

Jaymzfc
11-04-2012, 19:42
Hi, after changing the rear discs and being happy with the braking of the car, suddenly the pedal is really spongy, did a complete bleed and fluid change and not much better, cant see a leak anywhere, so a bit stuck.
Should i just change the master cylinder ? Is it a bitch to change??

Tks
James

will.i.am.s2
11-04-2012, 19:57
Whats the condition of your wheel bearings? I recently had a brake pedal on the floor in mine which i thought was the brakes, changed them on the front only to realise a front wheel bearing had gone causing the brakes to not rotate cleanly causing the crap brake pedal. Had the bearings done and nearly got shot through the windscreen by the brakes after picking it up, made such a difference :D

Jaymzfc
11-04-2012, 19:59
All four bearings are new, cant really figure out whats going on. Also have this noise which sounds like a bearing gone but just cant figure it out dammit.

will.i.am.s2
11-04-2012, 20:16
Strange one that is then :cry:

stevie_b
11-04-2012, 22:35
The master cylinder is pretty easy to change but I don't think it is that likely to be that if it was okay before and all you have changed is the rear discs. I had a spongy pedal after I replaced all the brake pipes and bled and rebled with no joy. It ended up that I had an airlock in the master cylinder itself and after buying and using an Eezibleed to bleed it once again it was all sorted within a few minutes. What method have you been using to bleed the brakes?

Jaymzfc
12-04-2012, 10:32
The mechanic has a bleed system which he uses on all cars it look pretty good stuff. this morning the brakes held but then traveled all the way to the floor, pumped it up again and same again
for 30 quid i think its worth replacing anyhow as i have no idea how old it is.