PDA

View Full Version : Best head options?

will.i.am.s2
09-04-2012, 15:00
Afternoon,

The time has come to sort out the cylinder head on my williams due to several anoying niggles. I need to know what the best route is with this.

Is it best to get another willy head and rebuild, a megane head or a valver head? What one would give the best benefits with the least amount of messing around?

MG1980
09-04-2012, 16:51
Thought your post might have been controversial after reading the title!! :wink:

will.i.am.s2
09-04-2012, 19:25
8)

Wobba
09-04-2012, 19:41
If you are just going to stay with a Williams throttle body, then a Williams head is the way to go.

It is a good time to get one that's been breathed on, assuming you want more power/torque. Having the work done yourself is expensive, usually. Buying a modified one 2nd hand, is hard as there are not many for sale.

There are quite a lot of us out there with decent Williams heads, but it wouldn't be that expensive to sort your own out with some cylinder head people...just dont get ripped off!

16v_paddy
09-04-2012, 20:01
Valver head will ruin the engine because of the smaller inlet valves & the annoying as fcuk core plugs :x

Megane head will be hassle because of needing a different inlet manifold & the associated headaches of throttle body fitment

So the only viable option is to source a williams head or just rebuild the 1 you have

will.i.am.s2
09-04-2012, 21:50
cheers guys straight to the point just the way i like it 8)

I would get mine rebuilt but makes more sence to put a rebuilt one on to save having the car of the road any longer than a weekend..if i can get hold of one soon then i can make a start getting it ready as it would be rude to not add more power :D