PDA

View Full Version : Values

Akky
03-04-2012, 21:41
Hi all. as I'm sure alot of other people do I always check out ads for willys
on various sites. Is it me or are the values of all willys on the floor at the moment? I've seen some go for well under a grand in recent weeks, I mean what a bargain!

Perfect excuse to keep hold of mine then I guess.

16v_russ
03-04-2012, 21:58
I think it all depends on if the right seller is available at the time, and of course the condition.

To most people they are a 20 year old Clio with Gold wheels, to motorheads they are an iconic hot hatch, and to a minority they are a fantastic, fun piece of motoring history.

IMO that means they will always be worth a fortune the right people, a fair amount to most of the people, and not worth much to everyone else lol.

Course, for those who either have owned or experienced Williams, we know how great they are, plus the advantage that they will always be worth 'something' - I can't see them being worth a fortune, but I can certainly see usable examples being worth a lot more than they are now, as they are requiring more and more care to keep on the road, they are going to go two ways - the examples like most on here that are worth keeping, and the others which are abused and rust away.

Of course that means the ones that are looked after will continue to go up in value, and I do think in my opinion that nice ones could be worth 8k, 10k maybe more - Look at the S1 Elise, you can't buy even the cheapest shitters for under 5k - Ok the Willy will never get to that level I doubt, but I can see it where there are so few left, the shitty ones will be worth saving.

So yeah, I can see the values going up :)

MatBrown
06-04-2012, 14:50
I thought the prices had gone up recently myself?
Have seen some actually sell on ebay for around £2.5k which is good going for a notoriously shit place for selling cars.
Same with autotrader and pistonheads, more for sale over £3k than under.

And if they are 'Well under a grand', i normally buy them but they are for spares and hardly compare to someone selling a tidy Willy thats on the road and ready to go.

will.i.am.s2
07-04-2012, 12:03
Just because a few desperados have sold their shitters on the cheap doesnt meen values have fallen. At this time of year people are looking to buy convertibles etc and some people just get desperate to sell their motors around now. I dont know why you would let a williams go for under a grand anyway when you can break them and get that without even trying.

On that note I still cant beleive the amount of williams that get broke for parts, its almost criminal when you think how rare they are now. If the breaking carries on at this rate the values will sky rocket in a couple of years. A classic hot hatch shoot on topgear (if they would stop cocking around) or tv programme etc would remind people of the williams and help drive the prices up but is probably unlikely to happe

Jamie.
07-04-2012, 12:17
Good ones seem to be selling for more IMO.