PDA

View Full Version : Bloody head lights!

willy_kev
30-03-2012, 18:51
Right guys, bought some second hand lights that ive now fitted, and not happy with, just not happy with the finish. So i contacted my local body shop to ask about having a new bumper, lights and indicators fitted. The reason for the bumper is the car had morrttis (or however you spell it) fitted and they cut bloody great chunks out the front bumper to fit them.

the body shop got back to me and told me renault dont make the near side front light any more, but do make the off side front???? what the ****? :roll: wheres the sense in that! so im now stuck in limbo, will any mk one lights fit the williams? i have the blue strips so im thinking of buying standard lights non genuine and fitting the blue strips...?? will it look the same?

Also i asked to have the stickers replaced "williams 3" surprise, they dont make them, so i ordered some off ebay, and they are too bloody small!! does anyone know where i can get some?

Im trying to get the car ready to sell, as im waiting to buy and MK1 RS focus. But wont cut corners or take second best as i like things done right.

Cheers guys

Kev

diditno
30-03-2012, 19:10
Any mk1 lights should fit with the exception of phase 3 ones.

willy_kev
30-03-2012, 19:30
phase 3 ? :? sorry...

diditno
30-03-2012, 20:34
Phase 3 lights were the one piece rounder looking ones, that were never fitted to a Williams/1.8 16v. They won't fit with he standard bonnet.

manxseven
30-03-2012, 21:12
OE ones here - but at a price

http://www.allpartssouthwest.com/acatalog/Special_Offers__CLIO_Mk1__6_98_402.html

FATBOY
30-03-2012, 22:51
we sell inche perfect replica decal kits on this site mate. just do a search.... :D

wrighty
31-03-2012, 09:19
HI Kev, looking at your previous pictures from an older thread :

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=426536&highlight=#426536

it looks like the issue is the bumper sitting low. Rest assured the lights are 100% that were supplied to you so I would stich to bumper first! Did you find the centre fixing bolt behind the number plate?

willy_kev
07-04-2012, 18:16
Sorry for the slow reply guys, been on holiday, thanks for your help, the OEM ones look awesome!! brilliant find mate thanks. yes the bumper seems to have dropped, when i pull it up it put it out on the front side wing, booked it in to have it sorted, going to order OEM lights

Thanks all