PDA

View Full Version : wheel bearings

will.i.am.s2
20-03-2012, 21:28
Evening all,

in a nut shell i need a new wheel bearing on the front as one is shot. How hard is it do exactly? Is it a diy job or easier to stick it in a garage?

16v_paddy
20-03-2012, 22:09
Part DIY & part garage job, remove the hub & take that to a garage along with a new bearing and get them to fit it to the hub, if they ask for more than £10 to do it go somewhere else :wink:

Use genuine bearings as non genuine ones simply don't last in my experience with them, get it from RPD, it's listed on their site for £59ish but with my members discount I paid £52 delivered

will.i.am.s2
20-03-2012, 22:14
Like the idea of that cheers mate. To save messing around do you know if f7r megane hubs are the same as the willy ones? would save having it off the road if they are :)

16v_paddy
20-03-2012, 22:18
I've got no idea tbh :?

will.i.am.s2
20-03-2012, 22:21
lol fair enough :wink: I typed in the part number for the bearing kit and the same bearing fits the megane so maybe, will go to the scrap yard and have a look. If not tbh the car would only be off the road for a few hours

diditno
20-03-2012, 22:47
It's ok getting some from a scrappy, butyou may be in the same boat as they may be buggered too. Just get some fitted to your current ones.

will.i.am.s2
21-03-2012, 00:42
Yeah the plan was to pick a couple up and have the new bearings fitted to them so i could just wack them straight on the car. Theres loads of decent f7r meganes in the scrappies around here so got me thinking :wink:

I think im just gona take the hub off the williams and take that to a garage with the new bearing, would only be a few hours of the road for the old girl then i recon.