PDA

View Full Version : Pulled :(

Christian
16-08-2005, 21:25
The local police are taking a stand against shoddy vehicles apparantly :shock:

The copper wasn't too bad - he had a good look over the car, checked the tyres, lights, screenwash (??!!) etc and then threatened me with a 'rectification notice' for the three minor faults he found and told me I would have to take the motor to an MOT test centre once rectified. They would then sign off the jobs I had done and as long as the police had it back in 14 days I wouldn't get fined.

Anyone else had this? He didn't just target my car - they were pulling one after the other. I cynically thought it was just another cheap income generator for good old Gordon Brown. (I guessed a lot of people wouldnt get around to getting it sorted within the 14days?)

VIPERONE
16-08-2005, 21:33
if the officer issued you witha vdrs, it would have meant that in his opinion your car was un roadworthy and required the fault rectifying and stamping up at an MOT 3 triangled garage.

the officer will be qualified up to MOT testers standard, some are ore qualified.

if you fail to return you vdrs stamped up you will be called to court to address why you ignored the officers and the instructions of the law.

officers do not need a reason to pull over a vehicle. they have a power under the road traffic act to check for documents and faults, and legitimatcy

Jamie.
16-08-2005, 21:38
i have heard of that before but it has not happended around my area. however, i remember someone getting three points for having an empty water bottle?!? thats just stupid! what the current craze round here is/was recently was the "clamp-down" on unisured modifications!?

if ur car is unroadworthy than tbh it shud be pulled, however i doubt that it is, just the fact that u are a young lad and a relativley easy target. i just feel that one way or another police attempt to target the "younger, male motorists".....shame!

Christian
16-08-2005, 21:40
He didn't issue it in the end as they were pretty minor points and I assured him I would get it all fixed but would struggle to find the time to take it to a test centre.

I crapped myself initially because I've only had it a couple of weeks, only used it a few times and wasn't sure of all its faults myself! :twisted:

To be fair, any police initiative that keeps unroadworthy cars off the road has to be welcomed so I wasn't too bothered about it...

Lunner
16-08-2005, 21:45
My rear light is out, i've known about it for ages, but just got got around to changing it

KingStromba
16-08-2005, 21:52
Personally i think the police resources would be better spent attacking robbery and drugs, and theft of motor vehicles rather than bald tyres and lack of screen wash in other wise innocent motorists :roll:

Was nearly killed on my bike the other day when a white van attempted to ram me off my bike for jumping the traffic queue at a set of lights (cyclist perogative in my view). Mounted the pavement to avoid swerving van driver who was trying to ram me and he followed me onto the pavement and then across some grass.

This was witnesses by a queue of traffic and i have the numbers of several witnesses. The number of the van was taken and the whole incident reported to the local constabulary by myself and other motorists.

Their reaction. Lucky to get him on a charge of careless driving, lack of police resources, cant find the van yada yada yada

Bunch of useless **** wits if you ask me. Most of the police cant be arsed to find the van as they are probably eating sandwiches sat at some round about somewhere waiting to stop some guy because he has lexus lights on his hot hatch.

:x

Im sure your a great police man gunner, but most dont give a shit.

Andy
16-08-2005, 22:15
here here

one of the best things you have said stromba lol :lol:

i got pulled last night in the williams hadnt done anything wrong wanted to check my tax disk

:twisted: nob head :twisted:

Zollo
16-08-2005, 22:32
Bunch of useless f*ck wits if you ask me. Most of the police cant be arsed to find the van as they are probably eating sandwiches sat at some round about somewhere waiting to stop some guy....

.....having fun circling the roundabout getting his knee down. Now that really pisses me off. **** off and do something useful :P

VIPERONE
16-08-2005, 22:36
LOL.

stromba, i have sent inconsiderate cyclists to court before.
was yor bike in a roadworthy condition? lights? were you sporting a helmet? have you taken a cycling proficiency course?

cycling offences:

drunk in charge of pedal cycle
pedalling furiously
no lights
cycling on footpath
saddling
careless cycling
inconsiderate cycling
plus other obvious road traffic breaches (one way street etc)

stromba, resources in my force are honed in on our priorites: burglaries and robberies.

my station has a dedicated robbery team/ burglary team, and has the highest detection rate in Manchester area.

Andy wtf the police were doing pulling you over for a tax disc check i do not know.

we have a machine called anpr in manchester. the officers sit in a van and scan every motorvehicle that drives along the road.. instatnly the computer (which is hooked up to the dvla database) checks the vehicle out. another team are located 500 metres down the road to pull over non taxed vehicles.

we have 3 km laser speed detector also... light detectors for black out windows and naturally DB detectors for loud zorts.

Zollo
16-08-2005, 22:51
LOL.

cycling offences:

pedalling furiously
no lights
cycling on footpath
saddling
careless cycling
inconsiderate cycling

What exactly is the penalty for 'pedalling furiously', cycling on footpath, inconsiderate cycling, etc Gunner? I do most of those on a regular basis :oops:

Is there anything left in this world to do that you can't get in trouble for :roll:

we have a machine called anpr in manchester. the officers sit in a van and scan every motorvehicle that drives along the road.. instatnly the computer (which is hooked up to the dvla database) checks the vehicle out. another team are located 500 metres down the road to pull over non taxed vehicles.

I came up to one of these at rather over the limit the other day. Shat myself until I spotted the DVLA sign on the side of it. Phew.

TriO`
16-08-2005, 23:03
we have 3 km laser speed detector also...

fooking hell! :(

Lunner
16-08-2005, 23:04
If you ****ing give me a speeding ticket when i come up to get my head sorte i'm gonna slap you :wink:

VIPERONE
16-08-2005, 23:15
all the cycling offences are punishable by way of fixed penalty £30
if the offender disagrees or fails to pay then it goes to court and the fine drastically increases.

you can also be drunk in charge of a horse,
galloping furiously on the highway

other obscure laws are:

illuminating a match in a phone box
flying a kite in a public street
leaving a beer cellar door open
making an ice slide
failing to sweep a chimney
ashes/sparks emitted from rear silencer
no windscreen wash
beating a carpet in the street (slapping a rug to clean dust off!)
misuse of car horn
canine failing to display owners details on collar

theres loads more ..lol always handy to use ;-)

pedalling furiously is peddaling like a madman on a highway/ going fast ...a cyclist cant be done for speeding as a speedo is not mandatory, however it is construed as pedalling furiously.

KingStromba
16-08-2005, 23:25
LOL.

stromba, i have sent inconsiderate cyclists to court before.
was yor bike in a roadworthy condition? lights? were you sporting a helmet? have you taken a cycling proficiency course?

cycling offences:

pedalling furiously
no lights
cycling on footpath
saddling
careless cycling
inconsiderate cycling

stromba, resources in my force are honed in on our priorites: burglaries and robberies.

my station has a dedicated robbery team/ burglary team, and has the highest detection rate in Manchester area.

Andy wtf the police were doing pulling you over for a tax disc check i do not know.

we have 3 km laser speed detector also... light detectors for black out windows and naturally DB detectors for loud zorts.

My cycling skills and bike roadworthyness are not in question. I know the highway code backwards and could proberbly teach you a thing or two about riding a cycle. I do about 2000 miles a year on my bike, which is alot for a cyclist (Just over 5 miles a day, every day). I can out accelerate slower cars upto 20 miles per hour and confortable pace at an average 15 to 20 mph on flat roads.

I do have a cycling proficiency test pass from school.

However, i will never cease to be amazed at the complete morons that co inhabit the roads, and their complete lack of patience / tolerance of cyclists.

VIPERONE
16-08-2005, 23:35
agreed, my good mate at work, had his £3000 bike written off when an old man..failed to see him.

your certificate is out of date.

KingStromba
16-08-2005, 23:48
I dont care, i have no plans to get another, just making the point i was riding bikes on the road when you were a sperm in your dads ballbag :wink:

VIPERONE
16-08-2005, 23:53
i'll be still riding mine when your operating your electric mobiity chair.

KingStromba
17-08-2005, 00:09
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/King_Stromba/bobbiesonbikes.jpg

Enid
17-08-2005, 00:20
Cyclists are the most anoying road users!! They should maybe remember who is going to come of worse when they swerve all over the road and get run over. The worst ones are those who cycle through red lights when your crossing the road even when the little green man is Green causing you to dive towards the pavement as happened to me the other day.

Also horses should be banned from using roads. I saw two horse riders riding side by side on a busy A road the other day causing people coming up from behind to slam their brakes on then dwable behind them at 2mph until it was safe to overtake, why they can't stick to fields is beyond me. And they shit all over the roads so when i'm walking back from the pub at night i end up treding in it!!

KingStromba
17-08-2005, 00:40
LOL, just as with cars there are good and bad cyclists. If more people cycles, the NHS would be in a better way and global warming wouldnt be about to destroy the planet :roll:

Enid
17-08-2005, 00:46
I thought people only used bikes because the couldn't afford cars?

KingStromba
17-08-2005, 00:54
I have two cars and a bus stop outside my house, but i choose to cycle. 8)

Enid
17-08-2005, 01:07
I could cycle to the shop I guess but its 3 miles away and when i got there i wouldn't be able to buy anything much unless I has a really big basket on the front :D

KingStromba
17-08-2005, 01:12
:P

Rajk
17-08-2005, 02:23
[quote="gunnergibson"]

the officer will be qualified up to MOT testers standard, some are ore qualified.

you will find that normal foot patrol can issue a VDRS, the vehicle examiners need to come down to issue a PG9

Well thats how it is in the MET

Andy
17-08-2005, 07:29
i couldnt belive it either .i thought here we go
going down elland wood bottom hits the blues and twos starts flapping

me everything ok officer

cop just checking your car

me ok

cop lets have a look at your tax disk
me ok

cop ok sir see you later

drives off with a strange look on my face

might be the start of what happened to northy copper got it in for him and pulled him 6 times in one week he got his no and reported him end of problem bit worried (dectat)

2 live
17-08-2005, 08:42
all cyclists shud be banned from the roads...they pay no tax to be there, need no lisence to ride, have no insurance for when they hit things etc etc etc.

the worst ones are the racing bike groups ...taking up all the road in sometimes 4 wide formation......give 1 of em a little clip on the back wheel once lol....dickhead fell off n nearly got blood on me nice clean car..lmao

KingStromba
17-08-2005, 09:41
all cyclists shud be banned from the roads...they pay no tax to be there, need no lisence to ride, have no insurance for when they hit things etc etc etc.

the worst ones are the racing bike groups ...taking up all the road in sometimes 4 wide formation......give 1 of em a little clip on the back wheel once lol....dickhead fell off n nearly got blood on me nice clean car..lmao

I have the same licence as you and pay the same road tax as you.

2 live
17-08-2005, 09:45
for ur car yeah.......wot bout ur bike??

does ur car insurance cover u wen out on ur bike??

i think not

and as u were on about sensible cyclists etc...i seem to remember u posting a while ago bragging that u had held up tax paying vehicles whilst riding in the middle of the road.........i told u then.....and il tell u again..if u did that to me ud get run over

KingStromba
17-08-2005, 09:46
So are you going to start to make pedestrians pay road tax too, if they cross the road?

Sounds like your political party would get voted out pretty quickly.

2 live
17-08-2005, 09:56
there u go jumping to conclusions and putting words into other ppls posts...

i never said anything like that lol.........altho pedestrian bridges or subways would be good to keep em off the road....but the human race is lazy, why walk up 100 steps when its just easier to dodge the cars going 100 mph?? lol

think my party would be pretty well backed tbh mate.........derestricted roads would mean exactly that.....derestricted......all cyclists/tractors/vehicles travelling at a speed with no concern for others i.e. 30 when the the person behind is doin 50mph, drivers over 70 y/o, novas, spinners, led washer jets, big ice, any non standard spoilers, etc etc etc would all be dealt with by the new stoning death penalty.

KingStromba
17-08-2005, 10:02
Lol, and when the farmers went on strike, the cyclist couldnt get to work, all cars in cities got banned too (technically doing less than 30 mph so some clever lawer would get them banned) and total anarchy broke out, and the economy was in tatters, and people started calling for your head on a spike, what country woud you emigrate to? Maybe a nice banana republic? :P

2 live
17-08-2005, 10:08
lol.....id go to one of the countries id just sent all the fukkin illegals back to lol

KingStromba
17-08-2005, 10:09
lol.....id go to one of the countries id just sent all the fukkin illegals back to lol

What France? :P