PDA

View Full Version : car wont start!

andy_104
18-03-2012, 13:40
i havent been running my car for a few weeks and was due to sell it on ebay yesterday. i started the car up but after a few seconds the car just cut out. we then tried starting it over again but it wouldnt, it sounded like it wanted to but it just wanted to start over. im not mechanically minded so my mate had look at car, he checked spark plugs and we cleaned them to see if fuel was getting to them-which they were. we then tried starting car up with a spark plug out of holding to see if it was sparking-which it werent. we checked other obvious things like fuel etc but couldnt see anything wrong :(

any help would be appriciated, thanks

Andy

MatBrown
18-03-2012, 14:27
Saw your car on ebay and was very tempted by it, seemed underpriced if i'm honest.
Anyway, first thing i would try is the coil bolted to the N/S turret, i have a spare if you wanted one to try.

schakal
18-03-2012, 18:41
LMAO @ Mat Brown tryin to sell him a coil :D :D

If its not sparking thats where your problem lies mate !!

I am 110% sure it will turn out to be an earth problem .
Take all main earth points out give them and chassis points a good clean with wire brush . Dont forget to do the same on battery terminals and connectors . You will have a winnarr i reckon .

Make sure the battery is fully charged also .

andy_104
31-03-2012, 21:40
Fitted new ignition coil and car works fine. gonna put on ebay again in next few days, thanks for help

MatBrown
31-03-2012, 22:16
:wink:

schakal
01-04-2012, 10:44
PWN3ED :? :?