PDA

View Full Version : Some bodyshop/insurance related help, please.

Smokey McPot
17-03-2012, 12:15
following the collision i had on Wednesday my insurers wish to send my car to their approved body shop for repair.

Firstly has anyone heard of or had experience of using Gardiner Motors/Auto Fix in Wellingborough?

Secondly, I'm increasingly inclined to send it to an alternative body shop of my choosing. I'm aware that this will require an assessor to view my car and therefore take longer, but I'm quite protective of it.

Anyone care to help me out with a little advice about what options I have, and the best course of action?

Thanks. :)

p4cks
17-03-2012, 16:06
If the accident was not your fault, then you choose where it goes. If it was your fault, then the insurance company can force your hand unfortunately.

Smokey McPot
17-03-2012, 16:28
It was my fault, but I can still choose.

Smokey McPot
18-03-2012, 14:37
Anyone else care to help? I'm very concerned it may be an uneconomical repair.

PC-PLOD
18-03-2012, 18:36
Had the same problem just before x mas posts on here somewhere car unattended and hit by another driver insurance wanted to right it off, stood my ground and told them her insurance company i wanted it repaired after much hassle they agreed and i argued the case as it was a special cer i wanted it repaired at a place of my choosing which again they eventually agreed to get on to your insurance company and tell them what YOU want, dont except what they want its not your fault and you have some rights

Smokey McPot
30-03-2012, 15:29
Good news, the insurers are happy to have the work carried out. And the place doing it will be repairing my rusted-to-**** rear arch for a small fee extra.

zmaster2k
30-03-2012, 17:21
They worked that into the quote for me... and it was still cheaper than their approved garage!