PDA

View Full Version : Modified parts/part number supersessions

andyleep
13-03-2012, 16:52
I am interested to know of any parts people have purchased from Renault that have had a part number change and have been modified. I will start it off and hopefully we can get a nice list going:

Part number 7700423586 - cigarette lighter. The head on the lighter element has been changed and it is now more domed with no picture on it

16v_paddy
13-03-2012, 17:37
There's loads, thing is though, if you have the old part number, renault will already have that number and the new 1 in their system. Dialogys does this so there's no real need to make a list :wink:

Jaff
13-03-2012, 18:09
i was under the impression most of the renault numbers were now being replaced by nissan numbers?

dont know how accurate that is mind, or wether or not it covers older stuff

16v_paddy
13-03-2012, 21:03
Now I'm on my computer with Dialogys I can show you what I mean

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/16v_paddy/dialogysnumber.jpg

The old part number for the clutch pedal is in the box underneath "replacement string" so if you went to Renault with that part number, the guy puts it into the computer and it will come up with the new part number automatically so it wont matter what part numbers get changed as they're referenced from the old ones anyway :wink:

andyleep
13-03-2012, 21:49
Yes, I understand that. I just find it interesting that they change the design of some parts. So if someone has bought something and the design has changed since when the car was new, it may be a purchase that should be done! For example, if someone said the aux belt tensionner design has changed on the new part, I would buy one and replace it!