PDA

View Full Version : Locked topics

andyleep
11-03-2012, 22:06
Some of us try to get a good, interesting, factual, helpful forum going and people cause it to become locked. Thanks. Grrrrr

ianbirch
12-03-2012, 08:52
I have to say as a completely neutral observer I often ejoy reading the info
that Mr Barrington chooses to fanour us with ( all be it in a sometimes slightly
confrontational manner ) and to be honest as he states himself, nobody has to believe or do what he says....it's just info.

Also it does seem to me that the adverse reactions he sometimes gains only seems to fuel his enjoyment.

I do not know Mr Barrington and am in no way connected to him.

Regards Ian

katbloke
12-03-2012, 13:19
Rob can easily be found on other clio-williams websites and facebook pages

jock
13-03-2012, 02:03
I thought claires post was quite interesting too. It was factual and not written with any slant. I know Fab has has fallen out with her/him in a major way previously ;-) but I dont think it was justified on this occasion. :-)

fabulicious
13-03-2012, 08:25
I was genuinely curious and interested until I read this part of his reply..

Personally i dont care if you read this and ignore it because you think you know best. But as far as i am aware, i am the only person to test, in a scientifically valid way, using proper statistical analysis, the filtering ability of these filters.

Unless you have done the same, your opinion is based on nothing but guesswork and anecdote.

What does that tell you about him?
I have not fallen out with the guy as this is only a forum for banter chat whatever but he comes across as arrogant and seriously lacking in emotional intelligence, and he's been like that since day one.
All he has to do is tone it down a little and he can fit in and play his part also. :wink:

fabulicious
13-03-2012, 10:53
If I may share a serious opinion I have of him.
Rob is from the old school of thought with regard to the williams and how it should be kept. If I am not mistaken he is/was incredibly anal about it being kept as standard.

What appears to me therefore that as almost 20 years have past and time/life has moved on and the "Original" parts have either been superseded or replaced with inferior/equal/better or in some cases no part availability, he has failed to grasp that reality. In other words he is hanging on to some sort of belief that the Williams has to be like it was when it left the factory in the last century.

Let me make this clear to him and anyone else who thinks that. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Even if you have a brand new set of shiny speedlines in your home they are good for nothing. There is no "MINT" or "NEW" williams left that they will belong to. I know it he knows it and the sooner everyone realizes that the better.

2 live
23-03-2012, 20:02
lol.that could upset a few.at least 3 ppl i know of....

:agree:

fabulicious
23-03-2012, 20:31
lol.that could upset a few.at least 3 ppl i know of....

:agree:

:lol:
Not as much as what I did today I dont think.
Stuck the dash plaque I have for sale on the french williams forum for €250.
The "president" came on and said "do you think we are all hams here"? :lol:
Broke my tits laughing at him when I showed him the old link from ebay showing a plaque being sold for €555 in france!
http://www.ebay.fr Item number: 300615473985
Did not go down well at all! :P

FATBOY
23-03-2012, 20:36
item does not exist???? is that you selling the plaque on UK ebay for £99?

fabulicious
23-03-2012, 20:37
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300615473985

fabulicious
23-03-2012, 20:42
I wouldnt mind I was genuinely offering it for sale. Thought demand would of be better there for it.
In the end they locked the thread.
Funnily enough a lad did PM me later asking to buy it as his was stolen from his car. So much for doing a good deed eh?

FATBOY
23-03-2012, 21:58
mine went for £100 on ebay a few months ago....