PDA

View Full Version : Will the megane F7R throttle body assy fit the williams?

will.i.am.s2
26-02-2012, 22:57
evening all,

been a while since ive posted but went to the scrapyard today and noticed something interesting.

What i noticed was how much better a design the megane f7r throttle body looks compares to the restrictive looking egg shaped williams item. Just wondered if someone has experimented with this? And would it go straight on do you recon? Would need the megane airbox also by the looks of it. Ive had bmw's in the past and its a common mod to swap over throttle bodys/mafs/afm's etc for a few extra bhp.

16v_paddy
27-02-2012, 01:17
You need to make an adapter to make it fit. But I can't help but think fitting a meggy 1 to the willy manifold would be worse because you'll be fitting a smaller square shaped TB onto a rectangular opening on the manifold :? could be talking utter bollocks but it's just what I'm thinking of.

Also, doesn't the meggy TB have water pipes on it? And will the willy TPS fit to the TB?
I've seen it done the other way round, willy TB fitted to a meggy manifold

will.i.am.s2
27-02-2012, 02:23
cheers for the info mate. Could possibly be onto something here 8)

sideways danny
27-02-2012, 02:44
megane TB is the same as the ph1 172 used. It's a better system, but IMO not worth converting.

will.i.am.s2
29-02-2012, 20:08
every little helps though mate :)

Should in theory increase throttle feel quite a bit and maybe add or smooth out the torque. Would be much more effecient if the TB was gas flowed and bored out slightly though as it may do nothing just swapping them. Will investigate further as i like the small mods like this.

sideways danny
01-03-2012, 00:45
porting of a single throttle body does NOTHING of benefit.

Way too much work for no advantage.

If you were using a full megane/spider engine with lairy cams and standalone (yes, I've done it, yes it's well worth it) , then I'd say go for it. Otherwise, put the effort in elsewhere

will.i.am.s2
03-03-2012, 13:01
Yeah tbh the gains on the bmw's is only ever 1-3 hp tops but you can alter the character of the throttle response if your lucky :)

My thinking behind this was the willy throttle has 2 flaps inside, a small and big one, i presume the tiny one opens when you only slightly accelarate then big one opens on full throttle. The megane is one flap so is less restrictive in theory. I may end up getting a megane engine anyway as ive developed a bit of a rattle between 3-4000rpm which doesnt sound to good :?

16v_paddy
03-03-2012, 13:08
The bigger butterfly opens after about 1/3 throttle, try it while driving, you'll notice the distinctive change in the sound the engine makes when you press the pedal that little bit more & the bigger 1 starts to open :wink: I think it sounds cool as fcuk :D

will.i.am.s2
08-03-2012, 23:33
yeah its cool on mine also when slightly touching the throttle on the downrun it spits flames if you get it just right :D Id miss that tbf