PDA

View Full Version : Where is stromba?

NickFr
15-08-2005, 20:22
Can someone tell me whats happened to Stromba.....tried trawling through 3 months of posts....is Jesus still with us....whole place seems a little different since I was last on here :?

Scott-16v!
15-08-2005, 20:23
bannage??

FATBOY
15-08-2005, 20:25
jesus and stromba have been banned... cos they keep feuding! dunno who banned them tho????

NickFr
15-08-2005, 20:30
Ok....How long for?.....and why Jesus? always seemed to be the defender rather than the aggressor, as for the King, he wages war with anyone and everyone but he has always been ok with me....even sent me a postcard, can't be all bad :wink:

FATBOY
15-08-2005, 20:32
how long for??? wish i knew mate? dont know who banned him??? wasnt summeh and wasnt big hp??? actually come to think of it none of us other mods were informed???? and northys been away all week as well so wasnt him???

NickFr
15-08-2005, 20:36
Blimey!! I go away for a little while and all hell breaks loose :shock: I am sure someone will let me know whats happening....don't want to rake over old coals but those two guys....kinda miss them!

Andy
15-08-2005, 20:42
pm northy mate he will tell you

fab
15-08-2005, 20:50
yep they wuz takin the pizza out of each other last week.miss jesus,i havent known stromba all that long.i called him a big gay once but thats all!maybe he got offended.shit sorry stromba,didnt mean to call you that but hell when you post as much as stromba has on this forum you have to take some slaggin.

Andy
15-08-2005, 21:03
me and gaz were left to look after the forum neither of us have time to mess about as northy does :oops: after it all kicked off the offenders were banned untill northy was back to sort the prob out ... :cry:

will be all back to normal after the weekend

Rich
15-08-2005, 21:17
and rightly so mate, i'm not a follower of either side of the arguement but it takes 2 to argue!

Lunner
15-08-2005, 21:27
Surley it was all harmless banter, especially so sincfe rob came back, has def been light hearted, jesus even was putting winks etc in

Its emtertainment at teh end of they day, if they are both playing along whats the problem?

FATBOY
15-08-2005, 21:31
thats what i thought lunn! me and scott wasnt told about his banning or jesus's. and were the mods!!!! if it was bad then we would have done something about it but i do believe we thought it was just harmless banter???

Martin
15-08-2005, 21:41
Does'nt really say much positive about the forum when threads were going off topic with the war of words imo..

NickFr
15-08-2005, 23:20
Well, all seems a bit of a shame to me, Stromba does have a way of rubbing people up the wrong way, but a lot of it is a wind up that sometimes backfires....Jesus was probably only doing what a lot of people have felt like doing to KS and let rip a bit.

Listening to the King is bit like reading the Sun or the Daily Sport " entertaining" but not to be taken to seriously, well not unless you believe in Aliens with big tits have just been caught gang banging the pope :wink:

However anyone reading this post that believes the last comment....please seek the services of a Shrink!! :shock:

Fred
15-08-2005, 23:54
ask jill, she still posts on here

BRUN
16-08-2005, 00:07
personally i think the forum is better, you can talk about the topic properly without a load of crap appearing in the middle of the thread

hopefully Jesus will be back...

Slithers
16-08-2005, 00:09
Well, all seems a bit of a shame to me, Stromba does have a way of rubbing people up the wrong way, but a lot of it is a wind up that sometimes backfires....Jesus was probably only doing what a lot of people have felt like doing to KS and let rip a bit.

Listening to the King is bit like reading the Sun or the Daily Sport " entertaining" but not to be taken to seriously, well not unless you believe in Aliens with big tits have just been caught gang banging the pope :wink:

However anyone reading this post that believes the last comment....please seek the services of a Shrink!! :shock:

That was a lie?

Bugger, they played me like a fiddle in that case.

Purple
16-08-2005, 01:37
Setting aside their war of words. I must say, they both do like their cars - KS being the obsessive restorer and Jesus for sticking with his ever-failing Clio. That, to me, merits their worth to the club.

I would like both of them here, and even like/tolerate their shenanigans - but they both have to know where to draw the line (as per drawn by bossman - northy).

Clio mk1 people have to stick to together - there are less of us around everyday. KS, Jesus. Haul your sorry asses back! Too much luv (and hate :) ) going to waste in here.

northy
16-08-2005, 08:09
Hi guys.

Stromba had a one-week ban a 2 months ago for reasons i do not want to drag up again.

The ban was served and lifted - but Rob chose to not post like before (but still visit the forum for updates on the WC world)

Williamsclio then returned to the place it once was with old members returning to the site.

The first day I was away (stag do in Prague) - I was informed of a return of ‘the’ stromba and with it the problems associated. (we still love u though mate) I’m not going through what I went through before in June with people leaving and having to sift through 10 pms a day. So I banned stromba and the Jesus as they were the main culprits.

99% percent of users on here know each member from there posts and will agree something needed doing.

If anyone steps out line, slanging people off, excessively spamming, creating a North / South divide, running posts off topic or even dragging up running fudes with cliosport. Members will be cautioned and if they continue will be banned.

I’ve spent far too much money and time into this site for a select cliosport rejects ruin it for me…and they will be banned.

I didn’t inform any other mods as action was taken straight away to keep the site running smooth and with as little fuss as possible to other members.

As always

Love northy

GazTwo
16-08-2005, 10:07
I did post up last week to tell everyone it was me who deleted Stromba's post and threads as again he was having a go at other people because thier from the NW presuming it was them....but this was DELETED!!!!! (Not by me this time)

I haven't spoken to Stromba in a long while since his 0002 Driven video when I posted up having a laugh putting the winks in as I would have normally done just having a joke but he took the hump and hasn't spoken to me since.

As northy said he got banned for various reasons which I think all of us now why and he hadn't been back until last Monday and his first post/essay was to have a dig at the Mk2 owners....I felt he was taking the piss because he knew northy was away.....he then proceeded to post in every forum 'Why has my post been deleted' so I had to delete them.....I don't have the time and I don't chose to follow him round checking all his posts so I banned him......then later on Monday afternoon I unbanned him....only to see a few hours later he was back to his old tricks but I left it.

U could see later on in the week he was turning the forum back to how it used to be with arguments and challenging anything someone would say just to get their back up.....after a lot of hard work from Jesus to try and get himself and Stromba banned from any of the other mods for the better of the site I agreed with Jesus that I would ban them both, ONLY to make it luck fair and would give time for northy to come back and decide on what was to happen.

(Without sounding like a botty boy) Northy is a good friend and I know how much hard work, time and money he's put into this site and I didn't see why it should all go to pot while he was away.

I apolgise to all the mods for not contacting u which I should have done.

Personally I think this is all VERY VERY silly but when it comes down to making a site look shit and stupid when somebody has put all the time, effort and did I mention MONEY!!!! into it I acted as I did.

Anyway rant over.....and bring on Donington when I get to unleash the Bananarama..... :D

FlamingMonkey
16-08-2005, 10:10
^^ Battty boy

jill
16-08-2005, 10:12
I think it would help matters if when 'Northy' logs in it is actually Northy. I have no beefs with someone else doing the moderating while he is away but just activate their profile as moderator temporarily. I had an indepth exchange of pm's with 'Nothy' last week, only to find out later it wasnt 'Northy' but Gaztwo.

IT DOESNT HELP THE SITUATION

FlamingMonkey
16-08-2005, 10:16
I think it would help matters if when 'Northy' logs in it is actually Northy. I have no beefs with someone else doing the moderating while he is away but just activate their profile as moderator temporarily. I had an indepth exchange of pm's with 'Nothy' last week, only to find out later it wasnt 'Northy' but Gaztwo.

hahaha says you ^^

Why are you loggin on as Jill now?

jill
16-08-2005, 10:17
And i think the observent may notic that since 2live has stopped insessently mentioning paint on 0002, and overspray on 0002 yada yada yada, i have had not had one argument with him.

It takes two to argue and if jesus posts a derogatory post re 0002 re steroids re dragging old personal emails onto the forum (wink or no wink) i WILL lay into him.

Its not rocket science. When cornered, i fight back. Leave me alone, and im fine.

jill
16-08-2005, 10:17

hahaha says you ^^

Im not pretending to be a mod am i? (which is actually my point) :roll:

FlamingMonkey
16-08-2005, 10:19
Yeah don't think it's the arguments with 2live or Jesus thats the main problem, its the digs at other people in random threads, Fab's wheel sale for example.

jill
16-08-2005, 10:20
See it these little stabs back at me from 'those that will remain nameless' that just spark a rage in me to fight EVERYONE.

Just shut up and leave me alone and go play with your friends and all will be fine.

FlamingMonkey
16-08-2005, 10:20

hahaha says you ^^

Im not pretending to be a mod am i? (which is actually my point) :roll:

No but your banned are you not?

I agree logging on as other users is confusinng, whether it's mods or users

GazTwo
16-08-2005, 10:21

Sorry mate but u had no exchange in PM's with me or northy on either account name.....I recieved your PM on northy's account and I didn't respond.

I responded to summeh and FB on Monday that was it!!!

jill
16-08-2005, 10:22
Yeah don't think it's the arguments with 2live or Jesus thats the main problem, its the digs at other people in random threads, Fab's wheel sale for example.

Fabs wheels are shit refurbs mate. If hed have listened to me from the start then he wouldnt have to sell them as soon as he bought them. Hes selling them because they are shit refurbs. Lets face it.

jill
16-08-2005, 10:23

Sorry mate but u had no exchange in PM's with me or northy on either account name.....I recieved your PM on northy's account and I didn't respond.

Well maybe it was Andy then, see half the time i dont even know who im talking to, due to cloak and dagger skullduggery that goes on all the time.

GazTwo
16-08-2005, 10:28
And i think the observent may notic that since 2live has stopped insessently mentioning paint on 0002, and overspray on 0002 yada yada yada, i have had not had one argument with him.

It takes two to argue and if jesus posts a derogatory post re 0002 re steroids re dragging old personal emails onto the forum (wink or no wink) i WILL lay into him.

Its not rocket science. When cornered, i fight back. Leave me alone, and im fine.

I didn't mention 2live?? Or the overspray comments......I had a joke regarding the driven video which I thought u would take as a joke but I guess not as this is the 1st time u have spoken to me since.....u have this North and South devide thing going on and u presume we're all having a go cause we're from the North hence taking the hump with me and last week having a go at Monkey cause u presumed it was him who deleted your posts just cause he's NW.

jill
16-08-2005, 10:29
This thread is just a great example of the incitement that goes on. Little stabs at me to inflame the situation then pull some strings to get me banned, claiming im ruining the club.

Well take a look around. Some peoples petty minded jealousy / cliquiness / vindictiveness is what is the route cause of all this. Ive said to leave me alone and still you have to have little digs. All this bullshit about me being the protagenator and everyone else being innocent bystanders steam rolled by the Stromba wagon is just that, complete bullshit.

The fact of the matter is that i dont have a problem with 90% of all the members on here. I have a problem with a small minority that contiually maon about me, instead of just getting on with whatever it is they do (which i dont really care about anyway).

jill
16-08-2005, 10:32

I didn't mention 2live?? Or the overspray comments......I had a joke regarding the driven video which I thought u would take as a joke but I guess not as this is the 1st time u have spoken to me since.....u have this North and South devide thing going on and u presume we're all having a go cause we're from the North hence taking the hump with me and last week having a go at Monkey cause u presumed it was him who deleted your posts just cause he's NW.

Well maybe next time you should think before opening your mouth (or reaching for your keyboard). A joke is usually funny. Your comment wasnt. I have no beefs with northerners, as technically living in Stoke makes me one too. But i still say this club has a north south divide that is perpetuated by SOME people. If you want a Christmas party have it in the Midlands for ALL club members.

GazTwo
16-08-2005, 10:33

Well maybe it was Andy then, see half the time i dont even know who im talking to, due to cloak and dagger skullduggery that goes on all the time.

Defo wasn't Andy, I know u have exchanged PM's on Andy's account not northy's.....NO PM'S HAVE BEEN EXCHANGED BETWEEN U, NORTHY'S OR MY ACCOUNT OVER THE LAST WEEK, U SENT A PM TO NORTHY'S ACCOUNT WHICH I NEVER RESPONDED TO.....however u have exchanged PM's with Andy on Andy's account.....as Andy advised me last week.

GazTwo
16-08-2005, 10:38
Sorry but I'm not getting into this Rob.....u think what u want but I can assure u thier is no divide and we don't 'Pull Strings' to get u banned.....as I've said I just don't want the site going to pot after all the effort.

jill
16-08-2005, 10:43
So why delete a perfectly good post about the Trophy?

The refuse to anser my questions about why it was deleted?

The delete all posts about why they were deleted?

Then ban me.

If you had just left the original post it wouldnt have ****ed me off, and we could have just got on with the day. But you have to 'exert' control over me. Why didnt big hp feel the necessity to delete that post? Or fatboy? Or summeh? Just gaztwo.

fab
16-08-2005, 10:49
hey thats below the belt!you just gotta a grudge against Fred.

Swervin_Mervin
16-08-2005, 10:49

Well maybe next time you should think before opening your mouth (or reaching for your keyboard). A joke is usually funny. Your comment wasnt. I have no beefs with northerners, as technically living in Stoke makes me one too. But i still say this club has a north south divide that is perpetuated by SOME people. If you want a Christmas party have it in the Midlands for ALL club members.

And that mate is exactly what happens with some of your posts. Although meant as a wind up or joke sometimes they cause offence. Maybe you should heed your own advice?

jill
16-08-2005, 11:19
hey thats below the belt!you just gotta a grudge against Fred.

Ive met Fred and i will say on the record that he is a very pleasant and likeable fellow. I spoke at great length to him and his knowledge of the mechanical side of cars is far superior to my meagre skills. I would meet up with him for a beer and a chat anytime, i have nothing against him, or for that matter Yozza.

However i will not say his refurbs are great when they are clearly not.

jill
16-08-2005, 11:22

And that mate is exactly what happens with some of your posts. Although meant as a wind up or joke sometimes they cause offence. Maybe you should heed your own advice?

Like Gaz admits i had no quarrels with him until he started to slate my car, and imo crossed the imaginary line between joking and digging. That makes him eligible for a can of whoop ass to be opened from my point of view.

GazTwo
16-08-2005, 11:22
So why delete a perfectly good post about the Trophy?

The refuse to anser my questions about why it was deleted?

The delete all posts about why they were deleted?

Then ban me.

If you had just left the original post it wouldnt have ****ed me off, and we could have just got on with the day. But you have to 'exert' control over me. Why didnt big hp feel the necessity to delete that post? Or fatboy? Or summeh? Just gaztwo.

Ok I apologise Rob maybe I acted a bit hasty, lets try and put everthing behind us and get on.

GazTwo
16-08-2005, 11:25

Like Gaz admits i had no quarrels with him until he started to slate my car, and imo crossed the imaginary line between joking and digging. That makes him eligible for a can of whoop ass to be opened from my point of view.

Honestly Rob I wasn't slating your car and sorry if u felt I did.

FlamingMonkey
16-08-2005, 11:25

How many times have you slated other peoples cars?

jill
16-08-2005, 11:26
Fair enough, apology accepted.

fab
16-08-2005, 11:26
I am glad that you said they were his refurbs and not mine! :lol:
In your previous post you said they were mine.
If I was there when Fred or anyone else presented them to me in like they are I would have wrapped them around his head :twisted:

As far as a refurb goes they are not like an original.However your comment of "shite"was unnessary.

Anyway lets stick to the post..

jill
16-08-2005, 11:32
The wheels on my car are shitty refurbs too, and the whole car suffers as a result.

The best refurbs i have seen are 2lives, Fatboy's and Snakeylady's. Probably others but these stand out.

FlamingMonkey
16-08-2005, 11:37
Jesus's refurbs will look good in black, think he's going the Pro Clean route too

Winston
16-08-2005, 11:41
Hows this turn'd into a refurb thread lol

They all suck imo ...lmao!!!!

Rob your in stoke?.......I'll come and drop the wheels off if you are

PLAY NICE :D

jill
16-08-2005, 11:44
Winston ill be in Stoke on 9th Sept and Manchester way on the 9th or 12th Sept.

:P

Winston
16-08-2005, 11:45
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

FlamingMonkey
16-08-2005, 11:46
Winston ill be in Stoke on 9th Sept and Manchester way on the 9th or 12th Sept.

:P

You should come to a NW meet then if your up this way

northy
16-08-2005, 11:48
great - everyones playing nice :D

TOPIC LOCKED.